1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. antwan64og

antwan64og Active Member

Is anyone elses 8L been disintegrating in this heatwave?

Lacquer has literally started falling off the roof and the engine harness is crumbling. I got an open circuit N75 error and when I looked the cable fell apart in my hand.

So much for aging gracefully!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. hydro s3

hydro s3 S3 amk Team Ming Blue Audi S3

Holy **** that looks bad man. Mine hasn't done anything with the hot weather thank goodness. You might want to park it in the shade or a car cover over it if you can.

4. WesT-gefül

WesT-gefül Active Member Bronze Supporter

That is insane. How long have you had the car now? Can’t see paint going like that in the heat for a few days if there wasn’t already issues.

5. S3AMJ

S3AMJ OEM+ Team Brilliant Black Audi S3

That does look pretty bad man! Has the roof been resprayed at all, to sort the rusting gutter problem out maybe? Just wondering if it was done very well to cause that happening. We’ve not had a summer like this is years.....

6. antwan64og

antwan64og Active Member

A few flakes of lacquer came off 3 weeks ago when the heat started and its spread, now if I gently blow they come away.

Only thing I can Think of is when I’ve been carrying the baby to the car and put shopping on the roof so I can open the door is that its scratched it through the lacquer.

The car is 20 years old but it happened so quickly.

7. tcg

tcg Well-Known Member

As a parent you should know you've got to put factor 50 on the roof in this weather or it will get skin cancer and peel :thumbs up:

hydro s3, S3JACKSON and Gazwould like this.