Heater issues (again)

Ewan kettles

Reaction score
Hi guys just had my car scanned and although no faults show up with the HVaC system I’m getting no heat in the cab. Guy that scanned the car who was pretty good and knowledgeable reckons it maybe the heater resistor but I thought that knot controlled the speed of the blowers? Am I wrong or is there another resistor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys just had my car scanned and although no faults show up with the HVaC system I’m getting no heat in the cab. Guy that scanned the car who was pretty good and knowledgeable reckons it maybe the heater resistor but I thought that knot controlled the speed of the blowers? Am I wrong or is there another resistor?

Are you having any issues with overheating? Mine started over heating and I wasn't getting much heat in in cab only luke warm.

It turned out to be the water pump was leaking followed by the heater matrix which was clogged with crap.

All fixed now, just wasn't the cheapest experience :)

Iv has water pump checked first time this Happened. I believe the heater matrix is blocked it was flushed the last time but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t done as well as it should have been. I’ll be flushing it myself this week. Just a pain getting to the heater hoses on the bulk head lol

Just an FYI I flushed out the heater matrix on the car using an electric pump and warm water with radiator flush, flushed and back flushed for 2 hours. The amount of funk and corrosion removes was unbelievable now heater is working fantastically.

Reactions: ch1z64