Heated washer jet group buy progress

swisstony

Reaction score
The potential group buy seems to have been locked so assume it is a non starter ? Only asking because if it is still on happy to wait . If not will order some myself independently

Hmm. I didn't know the thread got locked

yes annoying, think we were up to 6. not sure how many you needed for group buy ?

I think group buys need to be signed off by the administrators, did you run it passed Sandra?
Is it worth asking Tom at Crewe Audi parts if they could do a deal for six?

Hmm. I didn't know the thread got locked
I sent you a pm asking for details. Group buys have to have approval. If you read your pm and give me the info I require, if everything is ok I will approve it

This group buy needs to go through admin before the request can progress to the next stage.
If @tr7 can contact Admin to sort things out that will progress things. :thumbs up:

I'm also interested in this as long as the price is reasonable! My current jets are about goosed

Just a suggestion, if @tr7 you are too busy , which is perfectly understandable, I can try to take on this group buy for you ? Not sure who dealt with or what the minimum order level was but happy to have a go. I see that @Rob Avant suggested crewe audi for a smaller amount of orders so that may be an option. Anyway just a thought :icon thumright:

admin needs to authorize a group buy before it can proceed.
given there relatively low cost probably just as easy to order personally from a local dealer.

admin needs to authorize a group buy before it can proceed.
given there relatively low cost probably just as easy to order personally from a local dealer.
sure, I was thinking the same. perhaps why the original group buy faltered, too much hassle . Will find a suitable one, think the part number was in the original post

sure, I was thinking the same. perhaps why the original group buy faltered, too much hassle . Will find a suitable one, think the part number was in the original post
I’ve sent a parts request to the guys at Crewe Audi. I’ll let you know what price they come back with :thumbs up:

I had a set of shims in my desk draw for years, I think I gave them to another member.

I’d completely forgotten about this so chased Crewe Audi, they have come back with these prices:

Heated washer jets - 5G0955986 9B9 £27.50 each
Shims - 8E0955431 £2.00 each

If so that £70.80 for a pair of screen washers, seems a tad expensive, and del ontop of that.

They usually quote the price with vat and delivery included (they have on everything else I’ve bought from them) Still a bit on the expensive side though, think I’ll save the money and put it towards injectors and tyres instead

Reactions: Charlie Farley
They usually quote the price with vat and delivery included (they have on everything else I’ve bought from them) Still a bit on the expensive side though, think I’ll save the money and put it towards injectors and tyres instead
I've managed to get by with the original ones for 8 years, not sure it is worth changing now at those prices, the old bus would benefit more from a nice new oil and filter change.

Yeah I’ve struggled on for 7 years without them so I’m not too fussed. Cheap Chinese versions on eBay for £15 a pair too

Reactions: Charlie Farley
If the nozzles are keep clean and angled correctly they work fine, well i find that to be the case, it is when the nozzles get clogged and not at the correct angle that they perform poorly.