Washer jet upgrade?

Just fitted some heated vw fans but they don't seem to spray as far up the windscreen as the non heated. Is there an adjuster?

Thanks

Yes there's an Allen key beside the jet nozzle on each one to adjust height/angle

Ah I was hoping that's what it was for, perfect. Is it an Allen key I need or a star shaped torx bit? Thanks

It may be the way they're seated as I had the same even after adjusting them fully and they still didn'tspray up far enough so I removed them and refitted and all was fine.

Also make sure you've fitted the shim at the back of the fans not the front (the front being nearest the windscreen)

Allen key can't remember what size. 3 or 4mm I think

I'll take a look again at weekend. For its worth I wouldn't recommend buying the heated ones they're like three times the price of non heated and I regret it now.

I'll update you as to how I get on. Thanks

Sorry to dig up an old thread but how do I know if I have heated or non heated jets??

There was a set of heated ones for about £20 on fleebay - bargain if still there.

Does anyone knows where can i get these nozzles and shim for my A3 8V?
Part numbers?
Regards
Sergio

Does anyone know where you can get the washer jet shims from? They are now obsolete and audi can't get hold of them. No replacement part number either. Only place I've found is from Germany who want €20 for postage for £2 of shims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have pair brand new sitting in my desk draw, bought them some time ago and never used them...….must be a mint now..lol

these what you need.

IMG 1606

I have pair brand new sitting in my desk draw, bought them some time ago and never used them...….must be a mint now..lol

They're the ones. How much you after for them?

let see, not cheap as they are super rare now...i'll have a think over my toast and marmalade.

don't need mine now then, I was going say have them free , i'll stick them back in my desk then.

don't need mine now then, I was going say have them free , i'll stick them back in my desk then.

I spoke too soon. Just had an email back from the company, they've cancelled the order as they can't get hold of them anymore. I can't believe something so simple is that hard to obtain. I'd gladly pay the postage if that offer still stands?

I bought the heated fan/mist sprayers (5M0955986C9B9), and I bought the shims too. But when fitting them I discovered that they fit nice and snug, without any gaps, even without the shims fitted. In fact, when I tried to fit the shims the jets wouldn't clip on. I've got a 2011 Audi A4 avant (B8 I believe), s-line special edition. Am I doing something wrong, or is it possible that the car I have doesn't need the shims? The only thing I've noticed is that even with the spray angle set to the max it still sprays slightly low.... but not enough to bother me. If it helps, the jets I removed are 8t0955988b (right) and 8t0955987b (left)

Last edited:
Crewe Audi, the supplier on this forum quoted me £30.00 each & 1.85 each shims, I dont find this cheap or discounted
what do you think?

Crewe Audi, the supplier on this forum quoted me £30.00 each & 1.85 each shims, I dont find this cheap or discounted
what do you think?

I think the price bounces around a bit. I paid £56.75 (inc shipping) for 2 heated jets, plus £3.07 for 2 shims.

I realise I'm bumping a thread from 5 years ago, and I do apologize, but I'm having trouble with this mod on my B7 Avant.
For whatever reason, I cannot get the jets to sit properly even with the shims? From my reading of the thread, the shims should be on the engine side, not the windshield side correct?

I realise I'm bumping a thread from 5 years ago, and I do apologize, but I'm having trouble with this mod on my B7 Avant.
For whatever reason, I cannot get the jets to sit properly even with the shims? From my reading of the thread, the shims should be on the engine side, not the windshield side correct?

'Engine' side for the shims is right

Do the shims clip into the jets?
The shims clip onto the bonnet first on the engine side, then you can fit the washer jet, I think you have put them in at an angle so the jet fits on the shim then you can push the other side in and it will lock in place

The shims clip onto the bonnet first on the engine side, then you can fit the washer jet, I think you have put them in at an angle so the jet fits on the shim then you can push the other side in and it will lock in place
Thank you so much.
Once you clip the shim into the bonnet the jet will clip in very easily.
However, in my haste, I have managed to lose one of my shims. 3 weeks before I can get another one.