Headlight Wiring

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
Hi.
I've just fitted some 'in.pro' headlights and have a small problem. When I switch them on, the front foglight switch illuminates on the dash (green triangle). I know there's no foglights in these lamps, so is there a wire I need to disconnect from the headlamp plug to stop the dash switch lighting up?
Apart from that, the ellipsoids are a vast improvement on stock lamps & just begging for some HID action...
Cheers
Si.

Cheers. Are you saying this needs disconnecting from the plug then?
Si.

yup your car is presumably pre-facelift and had the 3 way bosch headlamps with integrated fog lights (as mine had)

I can only imagine the plug on the in-pro lights is wired up wrong internally as it shouldnt be feeding the fog and dip into the same pin, but snip the white-green and see if that sorts it, if so then properly heatshink/tape it out the way.

Yeah snip it away, i used it to drive the angel eyes i had at the time, that way i could turn them on or off,lol

Thanks lads.
It was as described. Rather than snipping the white/green wires, I removed them from the plug so it can all be put back to standard if needed.
aragorn said:
I can only imagine the plug on the in-pro lights is wired up wrong internally
Yes, rather than 'in.pro' just leaving the foglight pin blank on the headlamp units, there was a ground wire daisey chained in there. Bizzare??
Anyway, all sorted, cheers fellas.
Si.