Headlight replacement advice

Sam C

Reaction score
Hello. First post on this forum and recent S3 owner (2014 hatchback) as of Feb. Hoping for some advice please.

Hit a pigeon at full pelt which has cracked the O/side headlight cover. I'm assuming only the whole unit is replaceable and not the cover. Dealership have quoted me £470.00 for the part (number 8V0 941 044A) so on the (possibly misguided) assumption I could source the part and have it fitted for cheaper, have been looking online. Plan is to have a local bodyshop fit it for me. This is way above my skillset.

Couple of questions:

1 - What is the difference between these two units? https://www.sparepartstore24.co.uk/oen-8v0941044 and are them both 'original' parts?

2- Both of them say 'right hand traffic', does that matter? Can't seem to find a left hand traffic version anywhere.

Lastly, anywhere else you would recommend I look for replacement parts? Have seen a couple on ebay in various conditions but suppose you are taking a bit of a punt on the quality

Cheers

Ebay can be hit and miss for quality of headlights, some can be good condition and cost the same or even more on the link you provided.
Some can be missing bits but as your only looking for the cluster, its hard to get a very good condition and if its not scratched the brackets may have been broken and you can order the repair kit from audi for £25.

As for your link, I'm not sure myself, if its for right hand traffic, they should be codable to adjust to left hand side traffic I think. I have heard if you do drive in right hand traffic, you can switch your headlights to adjust its beam. So it might be something similar to that @DJAlix any advise in beam pattern?