Headlight Condensation Help

Ian W

Reaction score
After a bit of advice, my passenger Xenon is full of condensation, when I first bought the car, the rear cover was hanging off and I hoped that was the cause of it but I removed the light, dried it out and it came back within a day or two so obviously a problem exists.

Has anyone ever had the same issue and successfully cured it? At the minute I'm thinking I need to remove the lense and replace the sealant?

If I could find a reasonably priced replacement I'd go for that but I'm weary of buying one with the same issue

Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I had this with my tears and just changed them, but they are cheaper then headlights, Best replacement would be @t8ups headlight at around £500 depoon finish but the light output Is well better the difference is night and day, plus you sell your old ones and get some money back there was talk of another group buy so would be cheaper if you get that going

Silica bags... pop them in the headlight... apparently the Alfa boys love um

<tuffty/>

Just to update incase anyone Google's this in the future...

Removed all bulbs and motor from the headlight and placed in a preheated oven at 100°c. After 15 / 20 minutes, removed it and managed to remove the lense from the main body.

Removed the silver insert which released the trapped water and cleaned up. Let it all all dry out.

Headlight back in the oven at the same temperature for 20 minutes and then refitted the lense.

As there was clearly a leak somewhere I added a bead of Stikaflex all around the join of the lense to the body.

Seems fine now, car has been wet a number of times since Thursday and the light remains dry.

Cost 7.95 for the stikaflex.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk