Headlamp washer cover

sunscreemer

Back with the 4 rings
Reaction score
Hi all,

Not posted on here in a while, been very busy but been enjoying my S3 anyway over the first 9 months of ownership. Quick question - I noticed yesterday that my near side cover plate for the headlamp washer jet is missing. I can see no sign of any damage so I can only assume it may have just dropped off.

I am going to contact Audi to get a replacement under warranty but I thought i'd ask if anyone else has suffered the same? Does anyone think it may actually have been taken? Are Audi likely to replace it under warranty without challenge?

I presume it's a case of them ordering a part in the right colour and it will simply clip into place?

Cheers,

Mark

According to the ETKA parts catalogue the headlamp washer covers can only be ordered in primer so it will need to be sprayed to the correct colour to match.

A bit of a round the houses affair but seems Audi will replace it under warranty ok. Parts dept. quoted £15.94 incl. VAT plus painting and fitting but main desk and servicing said should be fine under warranty as looks to have just fallen off.

Still interested to know if anyone else has had this happen - whether just fallen off or suspected someone has levered it off.

A bit of a round the houses affair but seems Audi will replace it under warranty ok. Parts dept. quoted £15.94 incl. VAT plus painting and fitting but main desk and servicing said should be fine under warranty as looks to have just fallen off.

Still interested to know if anyone else has had this happen - whether just fallen off or suspected someone has levered it off.

Glad it's sorted! But I'm still not 100% sure why someone would look at an Audi and think 'If there's one thing I'm going to steal from this car, it's the headlamp washer cover...' Why would someone steal it?! ;)

Glad it's sorted! But I'm still not 100% sure why someone would look at an Audi and think 'If there's one thing I'm going to steal from this car, it's the headlamp washer cover...' Why would someone steal it?! ;)

I've no idea really, but my concern was that Audi would say it's been stolen in which case i'd have to pay for it. Begs the question if you could just pop it off without damaging it, otherwise that would be futile anyway.