Has anyone fitted this grill to their pre facelift a3?

Manvir Sangha

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm sure there are previous posts about this.

Has anyone managed to fit the aftermarket RS3 grill for pre face lift A3's from ultimate customs?

Link below:

https://www.ultimatecustomsuk.com/c...3-8v-pfl-to-rs3-grille?variant=31838033543256

Is it literally plug and play? Or do you have to make some modifications to ensure it fits well?

If anyones got any pictures of what it looks like that would be great too.

Cheers everyone.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 18.33.05.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 18.33.05.png
    531.2 KB · Views: 235
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 18.33.28.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 18.33.28.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 200
I had bad experience with them a year ago (quality issue of a FL grille). I hope they improved since.
As to this particular grille, I think the badge is located too low. I saw a few cars with such a badge location and it looked not nice to me.

I had bad experience with them a year ago (quality issue of a FL grille). I hope they improved since.
As to this particular grille, I think the badge is located too low. I saw a few cars with such a badge location and it looked not nice to me.

Thanks for letting me know mate.

Do you happen to know where I could purchase an rs3 style grill like above, with silver audi rings and a silver case with no quattro sign?

Reactions: Neil C
I fitted one to my previous PFL car it took 3hours to fit and as the previous post says the 4 rings are not in the correct place also I could not fit the bumper foam behind it.But it looked ok

The ring mount is solid and looks silly, you need to find one that has the rings cut out so they dont have a solid back plate.
I am looking for one at the moment, just take the wheels and bumper off.
I asked for a full paint correction from ultimate customs and they asked for pics and they never got back to me, so they lost my business permanently.

Look at the pic, the back plate on the rings are not solid, thats the way its supposed to look, but lots online look very cheap with a solid ring holder

Attachments

• $_86.jpg
    $_86.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 321
Thanks for letting me know mate.

Do you happen to know where I could purchase an rs3 style grill like above, with silver audi rings and a silver case with no quattro sign?
I don't know. I own a FL and I bought my grille off ebay. Did you consider a grille without any rings like X-UK sells? You could put small rings on a bonnet, an Audi TT style. I saw a few such A3/S3 like this and even considered doing it myself.

I fitted a badgeless grill with rings on bonnet, looks a bit different
92578fe8b504820e021ed63d4198e644.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dp_motley and CanadaA3wales