Has Anybody fitted heated seat elements to there front seats ????

nevergivup99

Reaction score
I am looking into retrofitting heated front seats in my 2007, 3 door A3 , I have priced up the heater controls which are about £70 for my model , and the Kufatec harness.I have checked out a few forums for advice ,but seem to draw a blank on the actual fitment of the elements,
When I removed the seats on an earlier task ,I noticed moulded shapes in the foam underside of the seats , is this where the elements fit ,or does the fabric cover of the seat have to be removed to install the elements between the cover and the foam ???
Is this a task that can be done at home, and do I need any special fixings or tools
Does anybody have any photographs to share or fitting details ,or has already done this task and is in a position to instruct me .

Excellent question. Having come from a MK5 Golf with heated seats i must admit i do miss them especially on cold winter morning waiting for the car to warm up. My A3 Sportback doesn't have heated seats and that is one MOD on my list i would like to do.

Boys , you need to contact Johnny at JMB retrofits. He is on this forum. He is based in Hartlepool.

How did it go , did you fit the elements yourself or go to a vehicle seat upholsterer to have them done ?? did you make the harness, what did it cost you , in parts ,labour ,physical pain , sliced fingers and plasters ???

you need to take off the seat skins its tedious but doable
purchase the elements from audi; standard and sport seats have differing elements
spray glue to the foam
put on elements
connect harness
do not mess with airbag harness and make sure you do not disconnect any of the air tubes on the airbag harness
put back covers and have fun with those pesky plastic tabs
it takes around 6 hours

what are "the pesky plastic tabs " ? is that 6 hours for the whole job ,or per seat ? where did you get your harness from ?