Handbrake stuck on

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Got up this morning, lovely chill in the air. Car frozen solid, door would barely open. Took a fairly hard and carefull pull!

Started to drive off, instantly find the hand brake stuck on. Bum
Only one side, the disc when i got to work, which isn't majourly far (only drive as i need it for call outs when at work) and the disc was a lovely rally style glowing red.

I should imagine this will be a simple case of cracked rubbers on the hand brake cable, moisture in and frozen?

So is it a hard job to replace the handbrake cable on the quattro?

As for the weather, I'm sure it'll be lovely in qatar for the next 4 days :p

no idea about the handbrake cable...but a small smear of vaseline around the ruber seal will stop the door sticking on a frosty night.

Ryan

may well do... but it will eventually destroy /breakdown your rubber seal mate.

Whys that then?...if its gentle enigh to put on your lips on a cold day, I cant see amy reason it will destroy ruber?

Ryan

The same reason you shouldn't use it on condoms! :no: The chemicals break down the rubber, a silicone based lube would be fine.

Its essentially petrol isn't it? So eats rubber.
I've ordered a new cable today, only 14 quid. Hope its ok to change! lol

exactly as andy said, apart from knackering the rubber, you would also get some manky black marks on your (and passengers) clothes if you happened (and you would eventually) catch them on the mating seals when you got in and out the car.
mark