Halogen to Bi-Xenon Retrofit

TanwirSF

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've retrofitted Bi-Xenon headlights and in the process needed a new J519 module that I managed to get hold of from German Ebay. Managed to get Full Beams working however in the process my Car is throwing up numerous new errors that did not exist before swapping this module. Also the Module has Component Protection Active.

Leicester Audi are being dead awkward about disabling the Component Protection even thought it's a genuine part. My Question is to anyone else who has done this mod and been to the Stealers to get the module working as it should where did you go and what did you say to them to make them co-operate. Also what cost was involved.

Merry Christmas,
Tanwir

Seen that a few times now where people are having issues getting component protection taken off with a second hand part. The dealers are quite happy to do it if they sell you a new one but seems a lot of them are not interested in second hand parts. Also there doesn't appear to be a fixed cost for doing this so it will be as long as it takes to do I presume. And at Audi main dealer labour rates that could get expensive quite quickly.
There is lots of info on here about retrofitting lights on an A5, very similar issues.

Karl.

I used this guy
Ebay item number: 160710983143
Don't know if I'm allowed to say this on here but might be worth messaging him.