Facelift Had this warning come up twice now should i be worried.

mike price

Reaction score
15541207 10154903218111318 218667488344058762 n

Yes. Book it in as you have a warranty.

Reactions: Daytonapig, Brasso, azibux1 and 1 other person
Yes, it will probably be logged and if you ignore it and something happens they may try to turn the blame on you for not taking action sooner!

Reactions: A3_Rider and gamegenie
well audi tech came out to the car today and was saying one of the modules is not working correctly and that it needs to go back to audi ! juuuuust great, this is what it came up with on vagcom

15681645 10154909654046318 1411265304 o

Car all clean ready for them to take it

15657872 10154909654221318 1450923416 o 1

Reactions: Gordo77 and Rob2k68
Offft not good. Are they saying you can still drive it, or are you waiting on it getting collected? Keep us posted on how you get on.

Reactions: Rob2k68
cant drive it its getting recovered in the morning, still waiting on a courtesy car, North Wales Audi very unhelpful literally washed there hands of it and said let audi assist deal with it all

Bummer !! But I'm guessing on easyish fix ? - did they let on what module it is ?

If they need to order parts it'll be after Christmas now, are they leaving with you a decent courtesy car Mike ?

Reactions: Gordo77
cant drive it its getting recovered in the morning, still waiting on a courtesy car, North Wales Audi very unhelpful literally washed there hands of it and said let audi assist deal with it all

That's poor... Will Audi Assist not actually just take it to a dealer tho? Hope you get a descent courtesy car. It looks great after the wash you gave it... and hope you get it back soon.

cheers guys, im hoping they dont just clear the memory on the car and hand it back as its obvious there is a underlying issue here,

im having a enterprise car i think a normal A3

North Wales Audi have a 3 week waiting list on any courtesy car

Wouldn't have that, tell them you want like for like. Insist on s3 or better. I've had this with them and usually they co-operate without much force.

cheers guys, im hoping they dont just clear the memory on the car and hand it back as its obvious there is a underlying issue here,

im having a enterprise car i think a normal A3

North Wales Audi have a 3 week waiting list on any courtesy car

I would not accept anything less than spec of your current car especially as you might have it for a while and your car is only a couple of months old.

Is really not your problem they have got a 3 week waiting list for a courtesy car, they have a showroom full of cars as well as all the cars used by sales and service staff that can be used for customers if needed

Reactions: dorgs, Scottyg, Rob2k68 and 2 others
That looks like an Adaptive Cruise Control Module that is faulty. If that is the case , I am kind of surprised he did not state it is OK to drive the car but do not use ACC and we will advise you of whether we have part and book a service time with a courtesy car.

That looks like an Adaptive Cruise Control Module that is faulty. If that is the case , I am kind of surprised he did not state it is OK to drive the car but do not use ACC and we will advise you of whether we have part and book a service time with a courtesy car.
Maybe being safe from a legal standpoint, nothing stops the customer using it even 'accidentally' then saying that the Audi made them crash :p

Maybe being safe from a legal standpoint, nothing stops the customer using it even 'accidentally' then saying that the Audi made them crash :p

Maybe time to remove these autonomous/nanny devices from vehicles, it does not state do not drive your vehicle as it is unsafe to do so, just contact workshop in yellow warning not red.

Maybe time to remove these autonomous/nanny devices from vehicles, it does not state do not drive your vehicle as it is unsafe to do so, just contact workshop in yellow warning not red.
This is true. The error doesn't warn of the potential danger, depends how serious the issue is though I guess.

They were taken over earlier in the year, since then their PX prices and new car prices have been rubbish. One to avoid if that's their attitude after you have bought a car from them!

As others have said get a better car to replace yours! Cheshire Oaks Audi gave me an R8 for the day and a full tank of fuel when they had mine to replace a chipped alloy...noticed it on collection day. Then whilst they did the first service a TT for a few hours.

Reactions: Gordo77
****** hell maybe i should of gone to Cheshire oaks, the cruise ive never used but apparently is connected to the brake system so deemed dangerous

europcar have taken my bank details to get fuel money if needed as i have to replace what i use, also had to sign an obcscene amount of wavers.

Just had a message saying they dont know when they will have time to look at it, obviously closing down for Christmas, was looking forward to showing the family my new car as well over Christmas with having time off etc.

Reactions: TDI-line
Arrg not really the good timing, sorry for you.
Hope it will be ok soon!!

You know what I would do on good grounds?

Take a chair, sit in the doorway until they give you the keys to the priciest RS in their key rack. That is, if they want to go home for Christmas.

I would be furious, totally unacceptable.. aftercare is s**t. You should have contacted Audi UK as soon as you heard about a rental car, I can imagine the rental company being very picky.

Reactions: TDI-line and mike price
Audi assist have dealt with me 99% and have been ok.

i waited in alllll day yesterday for a courtesy car that never showed up to be told at 9.30 at night that the car would not be available untill 10am following day, so had to get a lift to work..

The recovery truck was meant to be 8.30 but had AA banging on the door at 6.55 this morning.

Just not a great experience so far and am disappointed by the customer service of North wales Audi, nothing to even let me know the car has arrived safe, nothing.

15666137 10154912291876318 97373308 n

Reactions: AudiNutta
To put it bluntly North Wales Audi should lose their dealership. This, without knowing the full picture is an example of how not to treat a customer. A "technician" was dispatched to your house from whom Audi Care or dealer? The thing that bothers me is the fault shows as a yellow symbol not red, which signifies to me caution. Yes, the brakes are part of ACC but could the "tech" not have just pulled the suspect module.
Did you buy this car from North West Wales or is it a lease from an outside leasing company.
If, it is true that a car can not be driven with a faulty ACC module, I am therefore really glad I did not order my car with this or any other Audi autonomous/nanny devices, as this technology is still in beta mode in my opinion.

Audi assist have dealt with me 99% and have been ok.

i waited in alllll day yesterday for a courtesy car that never showed up to be told at 9.30 at night that the car would not be available untill 10am following day, so had to get a lift to work..

The recovery truck was meant to be 8.30 but had AA banging on the door at 6.55 this morning.

Just not a great experience so far and am disappointed by the customer service of North wales Audi, nothing to even let me know the car has arrived safe, nothing.

View attachment 113059

I agree with good advice from @AudiNutta ... contact Audi UK customer services. Keep it factual, polite and at the end just say you find the way they are treating you unacceptable. Keep us posted on how you get on.

Reactions: TDI-line, AudiNutta, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Very sad seeing your new pride and joy on the back of a pick up like that. Shocked by the customer service you've had, not good at all. I'd be hopping mad and defo be asking for a loan car from AUDI themselves. They should move heaven and earth to keep you happy. I bet a few calls to CS and a couple of tweets with #audi would work.

Reactions: Scottyg, xtof06, Gordo77 and 1 other person
Very poor service so far I really hope they pull their finger out and somehow manage to turn this experience around for you Mike.

You're right on the communication side of things these are the little things that make such a difference- wouldn't have hurt for them to pick the phone up and let you know the car was there and all ok.

Reactions: mike price, xtof06, Flying Scotsman and 1 other person
Well this just keeps getting better and better.

Just had Audi accusing me of tampering with the car !!!!!!! said they have evidence, So i asked right have you done it they said no, ive CERTAINLY not touched the car, i haven't even plugged it in myself (which i could of) in case it interfered with what they had to do. absolutely fuming, what a lovely Christmas im having , the enjoyable experience of having a brand new car certainly has been washed away !!

Dont know what to do or say for the best, but i can categorically say i have not touched the car in any shape or form !

Well this just keeps getting better and better.

Just had Audi accusing me of tampering with the car !!!!!!! said they have evidence, So i asked right have you done it they said no, ive CERTAINLY not touched the car, i haven't even plugged it in myself (which i could of) in case it interfered with what they had to do. absolutely fuming, what a lovely Christmas im having , the enjoyable experience of having a brand new car certainly has been washed away !!

Dont know what to do or say for the best, but i can categorically say i have not touched the car in any shape or form !

Was it whatever the Audi Assist guy done...? I would get in touch with Audi UK customer services, really just to keep yourself right. Also ask them to explain in more detail what they think you have done. Pffffff that really does take the biscuit.

Absolutely shocking way to be treated.....If the delearship is open tomorrow sit in the showroom and refuse to budge an inch while you phone Audi UK.

and this evening post on Audi Uk 's Facebook and Twitter pages..I assume they have these, even if they don't reply it might make you feel a bit better

Reactions: mike price, TDI-line, AudiNutta and 3 others
Definitely go for the social media approach... companies HATE bad publicity... works wonders for consumers though and helps getting a response

Keep it sensible and polite though of course

Reactions: Mark_86, Rob2k68, ammo-mcr and 1 other person
Absolutely shocking way to be treated.....If the delearship is open tomorrow sit in the showroom and refuse to budge an inch while you phone Audi UK.

and this evening post on Audi Uk 's Facebook and Twitter pages..I assume they have these, even if they don't reply it might make you feel a bit better

I had a dealer laugh down the phone at me when the approved car I bought had a very, very badly repaired wing. They laughed because they refused to give me a courtesy car, when I said they have to the response was the sales manager laughing down the phone.

I posted on Audi UK, within an hour Audi UK responded and I hate a courtesy car arranged that day to collect the next... social media is king!! You must write about how you expected better, the dealer has not lived up to your expectations of Audi as a service and company. Really really blag it out.

Reactions: Rob2k68, azibux1 and Gordo77
Really shocked at the way they've treated you so far! I hope that they sort it out and loan you an R8 as compensation and give you lots of gifts.
I've subsribed to this thread with email updates as I am extremely interested in how Audi UK sort this out for you.
Come on Audi, pull your finger out!

Reactions: KenL, AudiNutta, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
I moaned, on the email questionnaire, that the dealership had cleaned my car after I'd asked them not to several times.
The next time I was in for a service...they said I was due a gift because I'd had a software update during the service?
( I reckon it was because I'd moaned a little...only a little, I gave them 9/10 ) the service manager took me over to a cabinet and offered me a choice of watches. I didn't turn him down...lol

+ 1 for contacting Audi uk. I had issues with my local dealership and picking my car up. They told me they wouldn't be fixing the agreed paint work and haven't got any courtesy cars. One call to Audi U.K. And the paint work was booked in and the sales manager was emptying his car out for me to use. To much poor service these days in general , car dealerships seem to be getting poorer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KenL
Audi UK have had a brief email but there is so much to tell i could really do with speaking with them.

Here i am 7.43am writing this as ive woken up worrying whats going to happen, i am now wanting to return the car as if someone has been tampering with it do i really want a brand new car that apparently has been tampered with.

being accused of something you have not done is a terrible feeling.

Reactions: TDI-line and Rob2k68
To put it bluntly North Wales Audi should lose their dealership. This, without knowing the full picture is an example of how not to treat a customer. A "technician" was dispatched to your house from whom Audi Care or dealer? The thing that bothers me is the fault shows as a yellow symbol not red, which signifies to me caution. Yes, the brakes are part of ACC but could the "tech" not have just pulled the suspect module.
Did you buy this car from North West Wales or is it a lease from an outside leasing company.
If, it is true that a car can not be driven with a faulty ACC module, I am therefore really glad I did not order my car with this or any other Audi autonomous/nanny devices, as this technology is still in beta mode in my opinion.

The car is on pcp from North wales audi, and the funny thing is ive NEVER used the cruise control

This is why they suspect of tampering, The bottom one saying engine module (incorrect coding)
15696220 1384015228284946 544050877 o

Just had Audi accusing me of tampering with the car !!!!!!! said they have evidence,
What are they saying you've done?

Audi UK is the way forward. I called them a few months back and complained that I'd been to one of their showrooms on two occasions and on both occasions nobody came over to ask if I needed any help, even though I was making it obvious I was trying to get someones attention! There were plenty of people sitting at desks seemingly doing nothing apart from chatting to each other, one even looked right at me but kept his feet up on a chair chatting to the girl on the service desk! They took it serious and said they would call them straight away and also send the head of business an email. Since then I have been back to the same dealership twice, on both occasions someone has come up to me within minutes of walking through the door! Coincidence or did they get a boot up the a$$???

Reactions: TDI-line, AudiNutta and Gordo77
@mike price To make accusations against a customer without any detailed evidence is a poor way to conduct business. I would only speak to someone after you have sent them in writing a crystal clear account of all the events, highlighting every small bit of detail. Send it onto the Dealer Principal and Audi UK, and make sure the Dealer Principal knows you're speaking with Audi UK as well.

I've also been in the same situation, but it was only when I went right to the top at the dealers that things got sorted. @S32B is right, sometimes the staff at dealers need a large boot applied to their a$$eS.

Reactions: mike price and xtof06
I just had a look at the error on the ross-tech site and it looks like a Cruise Control fault can throw up an "Engine Control Module Incorrectly Coded" fault.

I suspect if they fix the ACC issue this fault will disappear.

They must be just paranoid about people changing coding in modules..

8020/P1612/005650 - Engine Control Module Incorrectly Coded
Possible Symptoms
  • Driveability Issues
  • Emissions worse
  • Other Fault Codes stored
Possible Causes
  • Engine Control Unit (ECU) incorrectly coded
  • Incorrect Cruise Control Type enabled
Possible Solutions

Reactions: azibux1, mike price, xtof06 and 2 others
but they said the car has been tampered with, they can see marks on the ecu casing etc, i have yet to see these images but i can honestly say ive been no where near such items and for them to accuse me is damn right bang out of order. im furious with the whole situation,

i certainly dont want a tampered car back if thats what there saying, why should i.

in limbo at the mo as audi uk closed for the festive period