GUTTED, ripped my front bumper off.

Neil2014

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
gutted, my front bumper got cought on a high curb, went to reverse and all three fastener brackets across the top snapped. Had to tie my bumper up with my footy socks to get home....

Does anyone know where the best place to get a bumper from or if it can be done to fix the snapped brackets?

GUTTED

Yep, you have to be so carefull with any sort of curb now, with cars having lower and lower front ends its so easy to do some real damage, hope you get it sorted.
I saw a guy a few months ago in my local supermarket have the same sort of issue, he drove in forwards into a parking bay in an A4 B8 sline and went a bit to far forwards and over the curb, i heard the bumper and undertray scrape loudly, as i was parked only two spaces along, anyway he reveresed out but that is what caused the most damage.
I allways try to avoid driving into a space or similar forwards if it has anything more than a very low curb, i'll just reverse in to save my front end .
rob

Reactions: Neil2014
Not sure what car you have but there is an b7 sline bumper on eBay currently it's brand new in primer £270 not sure what they cost from audi but I guess at least twice that.

251791917256 check this ebay number out just spotted 3 day auction left on a tenner brand new s line bumper

I was a bit luckier than you. I just lost the Cupra R splitter when I hit the kerb. These days, I either reverse in or stop a couple of feet short.

I didn't even think as my last car was a a4 s line, and I have parked in similar spots but the s4 is lower which I didn't realise. you was lucky pal thank god. After buying a bumper might have to get the whole car re-sprayed. THE WIFE WILL NOT BE HAPPY haha

I ain't looking forward to it, think I will let her book a holiday and then drop it in the convo..... Ha
I've got a better idea. Let her go on holiday on her own and get the car resprayed while she's away.

No way that sucks, my dad ripped my Cupra splitter off on a high kerb and dragged it up the motorway that was bad enough for me