Good mapper around South Yorkshire area to map my new turbo?

£180 for a good mapper?

Pay peanuts..........

Got my PD140 a generic stage 1 map from AwesomeGTi for £150.00. Car was on ~127k miles when mapped, and drove perfectly for another 4 months until I decided to sell. Definitely recommend getting it done from there!

As far as I'm concerned, it was definitely a 'proper' and a 'good' map. The increase responsiveness and torque through the gears was well worth it.

Someone at work had a generic map put on theirs and they lost use of cruise control so might be worth spending more money or having access to VCDS to code after

Someone at work had a generic map put on theirs and they lost use of cruise control so might be worth spending more money or having access to VCDS to code after
I wouldn't recommend getting a generic map from anyone... But a reputable company like Awesome I would have no qualms with. Especially as they offer a money back policy if you'd like to revert back to stock.

I wouldn't recommend getting a generic map from anyone... But a reputable company like Awesome I would have no qualms with. Especially as they offer a money back policy if you'd like to revert back to stock.

But Awesome GTI are only reputable in your opinion. My friends 2006 A3 2.0TDi blew it's turbo twice, they couldn't 'fix' their map so they refunded him and put the car back to standard.

You can't beat a custom map written to the car...it's like buying a suit from Matalan or having one tailored to fit.

But Awesome GTI are only reputable in your opinion. My friends 2006 A3 2.0TDi blew it's turbo twice, they couldn't 'fix' their map so they refunded him and put the car back to standard.

You can't beat a custom map written to the car...it's like buying a suit from Matalan or having one tailored to fit.

Opinions are mostly what are offered up on forum... mine's formed on my own experience with them and having read reviews on the net. Sorry to hear your mate had problems, the turbo's on these cars are known to fail however that doesn't explain the second one blowing.

I'd agree, custom maps by definition are better. But there's different suits for different occasions, a stage 1 on a PD I wouldn't/didn't feel the need to get tailored. OP was asking about remaps below £180 which I shared knowledge of. I'm sure he'll make an informed decision as to whether he goes generic or custom.

Reactions: Sayam
Try SLT remapping in Sheffield they do custom maps heard very good reviews from people about them.