Going to look at a TDI 130 Sport

I owned a 130bhp TDI quattro for a few years, loved it, would probably still have it if some numpty hadn't rear ended me and wrote it off.

I had it mapped from 40,000 ish, and it was still going strong when written off at 185,000. I only changed cambelt and an injector loom after it developed a misfire.

I think you've had it HPI checked, but check the MOT mileage database too. I was looking at an A4 a couple of years ago, HPi checked out, but it lost 20,000 miles between MOT's at some point according to the database. It's in the stickies, and strongly recommend you check it.

I owned a 130bhp TDI quattro for a few years, loved it, would probably still have it if some numpty hadn't rear ended me and wrote it off.

I had it mapped from 40,000 ish, and it was still going strong when written off at 185,000. I only changed cambelt and an injector loom after it developed a misfire.

I think you've had it HPI checked, but check the MOT mileage database too. I was looking at an A4 a couple of years ago, HPi checked out, but it lost 20,000 miles between MOT's at some point according to the database. It's in the stickies, and strongly recommend you check it.

Cheers mate, In future I will definitely look into that!

Didn't end up buying the car in the end anyway, went to view it today and it seemed very nice, but was pretty dirty, hadn't been cleaned in a while, the leather had a significant tear in the drivers bolster and there was a dint in wing and a pretty big scuff on the passenger side front bumper, that had been badly repaired with a spray can of not the same colour from halfords.

Tried to knock him down to £3700 from £4000 (because I was planning on putting S3 bumpers on anyway but he wasn't having it so we left it).

Way better out there for that kind of coin. Thanks for all the advice though guys, you've been awesome!

hey, ho
even i clean a car when i'm going to sell it, jeez

keep looking, you won't be dissapointed

For that kind of money there is loads around