glow plug light flashing

a3 black

Reaction score
2011 a3 2.0 tdi quattro 170

hi all,
was out today picking wife up from work, on the way back home i noticed a lack of power. (limp mode i think) i looked down at the dash and the glow plug light was flashing. made it home ok and put it on my icarsoft i908 scanner with a fault code p067300 cylinder 3 glow plug circuit.
not had time to test glow plug yet with touch light, will do in morning. so im looking at new plugs or Faulty glow plug control module, after ive tested them.
audi glow plug price £20.34 each
ebay £30.00 a set

any thoughts please :audibash:

tested them this morning with touch light, and it is glow plug cylinder 3 at fault. so not that bad for £30, not sure if they have ever been replaced with 100,000 miles on clock. but the jobs done now.:D

You need to test with a VAG specific fault code reader. Crazy as it seems, the glow plugs won't trigger the glow plug light. Glow plug light is a relic of old, and is now used for non OBD2 (i.e. VAG specific) faults.

Rick

hi rick
so this reader i bought icarsoft i908 scanner is no good for my audi ?

Mine has started flashing every now and then. Started yesterday but no power loss and when I turn the engin off it stays off. Any ideas? A4 2.0 tdi Quattro 170

DPF over full often causes this, is the DPF light on also?

C_W

No but that came on a few months ago and has since sorted it's self out. I was not saying today to my mate that it's started to smell really bad. I fitted a induction kit to it last week but I can't see that being the problem. Fires up first time, no loss in power ie limp mode. But has lost a bit of pull.

C_W

No but that came on a few months ago and has since sorted it's self out. I was not saying today to my mate that it's started to smell really bad. I fitted a induction kit to it last week but I can't see that being the problem. Fires up first time, no loss in power ie limp mode. But has lost a bit of pull.
Ha ha literally just had a text off my friend saying I was behind you on the way home, think you DPF has gone your car stinks

So have been quoted today £520 to remove DPF and map it out. Also put on the rollers to see what it's saying, anyone know roughly the going rate? Noticed it was slot more sluggish today.

Getting the DPF removed tomorrow, hopefully it will sort it

Av had mine come on now and then and today the Dpf light has came on

Which light? The big one in the centre or the coil light?

The coil light comes on sometimes but goes of after I switch of the engine and restart it ....yesterday the Dpf came on in the centre but now has gone of leaving the small Dpf light still on near were the coil light useually comes up

The coil light comes on sometimes but goes of after I switch of the engine and restart it ....yesterday the Dpf came on in the centre but now has gone of leaving the small Dpf light still on near were the coil light useually comes up
Have had the same problem so bit the bullet and booked in for egr/dpf delete and stage 1 remap.

How much for that if you don't mined me asking? Mine was remapped befor I brought it to 200bhp not long had a new egr fitted.

How much for that if you don't mined me asking? Mine was remapped befor I brought it to 200bhp not long had a new egr fitted.
£400 for software egr delete, gutted dpf and remap. Booked in for 23/06. Will update with results on my thread. Expecting an extra 35-40bhp

I'm paying £449 for the dpf to removed and mapped and £70 be its a Quattro to have it on the rollers. Keep the dpf you will get £200 in tatting it in. Will update tomorrow hopefully. Might ask while at I'm there if they can do the EGR

I'm paying £449 for the dpf to removed and mapped and £70 be its a Quattro to have it on the rollers. Keep the dpf you will get £200 in tatting it in. Will update tomorrow hopefully. Might ask while at I'm there if they can do the EGR
Be good to hear how you get on. Keep us updated.