Gloss black panel on rear doors

E_KEL95

Reaction score
Anyone know how these come off or do they come off? One of mines has started to bubble and a friend has an a4 for breaking with ones in good condition. Much help appreciated !

Not sure what you mean? Inside or outside? If it's the inner upper trim strip it pulls off. Maybe a picture of what it is your talking about will help us help you?

If it's the outside lower blades they have two screws on inside of door, one at the front and one at the back. Remove these then pull the blade towards the rear of the car and they slide off

I'm guessing it will be the old black window triangle chestnut...

Ah, yes that's probably it, ummmm, good luck with that one op. If that's the case we need to know if it's avant or saloon

Yes its the little black triangle that's above the door handle on the outside. It's on a saloon

Yes sounds like that, but maybe check with them. I know ajax1976 used to have an saloon so maybe he knows if it's the same as the avant to remove

How do you PM someone on this?

They are the same doors on both the saloon and Avant but I haven't gotten around to doing mine yet. I know it's a fiddly job to do but is quite straight forward. @ajax1976 maybe able to shed some light on it for you....I found a basic how to but I forgot to save it :disrelieved:

my passenger nearside one was a bit naff, so picked up the part and had it fitted when the new doors were being fitted after the small ding I had...