Gillian Gibbons - Teacher in Sudan

motorbikez said:
I am pleased that British muslims are starting to stand up and be counted
because until very recently they have said nothing or refused to condem
atrocities commited in the name of islam.

You and I can be thankful that we live in a country where we can speak our mind without fear of reprisals unlike Islamic countries.

Very well said. Abdus, take note of the above text in bold type and think carefully about the meaning of it before you make flippant comments like "chill out". I notice you made no comment about these statements in your response to motorbikez - or are you finding it "hard to swallow" the truth contained therein...?

S4TAN said:
Very well said. Abdus, take note of the above text in bold type and think carefully about the meaning of it before you make flippant comments like "chill out". I notice you made no comment about these statements in your response to motorbikez - or are you finding it "hard to swallow" the truth contained therein...?

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:Did you see the original post I quoted of motorbikez? Instead of showing that you know how to use 'bold', go and read before making flippant comments...

He edited his post after I posted and he original post I quoted of him was nowhere your bold letters...

Now do you notice why I didn't make any comment? Because they were not there in the first hand and how could I have quoted inexistant texts? in bold?

Think carefully as you said...Oh and also read carefully before posting. :eyebrows:

TAKE NOTE

motorbikez said:
You haven't grasped my point Gillian Gibbons was in the wrong place at the wrong time and it seems to me you are getting very defensive and aggitated because you are finding the truth hard to swallow.

And yes it would be a waste of time lecturing me on Britsh law unless you
happen to lecture on Britsh law.

what truth am I not grasping here? I really can't see anything what you are trying to explain...But I can see that you like generalising your opinion and try to make it into facts which cannot be.

and I don't lecture law but I do read English Law as a matter of fact.

:hi:

Abdus - your conceited arrogance (common of your type) and woefully inadequate attempts to divert focus from the context of the discussion by desperately grasping at minor points such as editing is merely a poor subterfuge for your inability to answer the question.

You know as well as I do that you're extremely lucky to live in a country that allows you to air your views without fear of reprisal. Don't you?

Or perhaps you think you could speak with such freedom in one of the countries ruled by Islamic law ...? As you well know in such an environment you would have to "tow the party line" and keep your head down (or lose it to the executioners curved blade!)

Additionally, and in keeping with your point about reading before posting, may I remind you that it pays to read your own post before submittal? .... Your spelling and grammar are appalling.

P.S. The inclusion of 'emoticons' in an attempt to add emphasis to the words of your post only serve to demonstrate your infantile nature.

Now be a good boy and comment on the points in my original post (the ones in bold type).

S4TAN, the comments in your reply don't warrant a reply on my part. Because it is obvious that you attempting to make comments on my personality using a keyboard sitting behind a screen without even knowing what kind of person I am. Maybe some who have met me from on here can vouch for this.

Anyway, your arrogance shows that you have not been able to apologise for making a mistake in your previous post.

my conceited arrogance (common of my type)...

care to explain? what type? I really want to know this asnwer and seee how you can draw your conclusions.

S4TAN said:
Additionally, and in keeping with your point about reading before posting, may I remind you that it pays to read your own post before submittal? .... Your spelling and grammar are appalling.

This part is a bit harsh mate, he did say he was french speaking and only been in the UK 3 years, or something along the lines...

The hatred flows in the UK just like in the states. I'm from the colonies and we're up to our necks in a foolish conflict (that you guys decided to support as well) which is based too much on religion, (and led by our very own religious nut George, I'm-dumber-than-a-block-of-wood, Bush) . "Let's kill the mofos because they are just camel jockeys and don't deserve to live". "He doesn't have the slightest idea of what life is about, but I do, so I can justify killing him im the name of god". What a bunch of sad excuses!! The problem is from both sides. All religious zealots decide that they have the right answer and anyone who disagrees either needs to be converted or else eliminated. (Remember the Crusades and the Inquisition??)

It's the religion guys. When the world finally accepts the non-existence of an almighty being and follows the "golden rule", then maybe mankind will have a chance, but until then, we'll all be kiling each other for some religion based bullcrap ideas.

I would no more stand up in a Synagog and yell out "Jews Suck" than I would call my dog or cat (or stuffed teddy bear) "Mohammed" in a muslim country. When I was in Viet Nam we learned to respect the local idolization of the water buffalo. We didn't have to understand the logic, but we needed to respect it. But in all that time there's always been a constant in my beliefs- I don't. It makes life much easier.

why are there so many silly uneducated fools who jus swallow what the media have to say and how they decide to portray a certain faith in this case Islam,a lot of ppl who have blindly decided to jump on the band wagon have no knowledge of Islam but are prepared to put law abiding decent muslims down because of a minority who took things to far in this case Sudanese,

funny how the media and government didnt make such a fuss when british citizens were held and are still being held in guantanamo bay without trial for a number of years now nevermind 15 measly days...

oh btw before someone decides to have a pop i too am glad that Gillian gibbons is home and safe and feel the Sudanese ppl definately over reacted to say the least.thank you!

[Quote Abdus]care to explain?

Gladly Abdus; You haven't responded to the points in the original request, yet again. Very simple. Care to explain?

@Patchelect: no hatred on my behalf - simply a desire for an answer. Abdus has exercised his right to speak freely and with impunity - I am merely doing the same.
I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments regarding the anachronistic existence of organised religion (Christianity, Judaism and Islam all included) - the enlightened being knows the truth: God didn't make man in His image, man made God in his ...

@jojo: No, I don't think it's harsh personally. Abdus entered into this debate of his own volition - then attempted to exploit matters concerning written language as a diversion from the question in my original post and as a way of evading giving an answer. I simply responded in kind.

Furthermore, Abdus has once again failed to answer these questions.

Abdus - would you care to try again? To paraphrase you "I really want to know this asnwer and seee how you can draw your conclusions" [sic]

Thanks in advance.

S4TAN, it is clear that your replies are aimed only at me. As I said, motorbikez stated these phrases in bold AFTER i replied to his post.

My quote just after his post shows his original post.

He only read what I wrote and then decided to edit it and make sure he sounds like he stated that from his very first reply.

What do I need to answer in what you stated in bold? I did point out that you wrote things that you clearly didn't know. What did I want to exploit and divert attention...?

You came in this post and posted sh*t without even knowing what was originally written. Why do I need to answer you?

Express your opinion as I did and that's it. I don't need to answer your questions if I want to, just like you just did and didn't reply to mine.

I wonder how many people called Muhammed were murdered in Darfur today by other people called Muhammed.........?

I cannot help thinking Sudan has a few greater problems than the teddy bear......?

abdus said:
You came in this post and posted sh*t without even knowing what was originally written. Why do I need to answer you?

Express your opinion as I did and that's it. I don't need to answer your questions if I want to, just like you just did and didn't reply to mine.

Weak Abdus, very weak indeed. I expected better of you. But never mind.

Yet again you have failed to answer - I can only conclude that your persistent evasion is tacit admission that a genuinely truthful answer would condemn you. Strange how you can be so vociferous on some points yet remain steadfastly silent on others ..... why would this be I ask myself?

Ask me any question you wish: I will happily give you a straight and honest answer.

S4TAN said:
Ask me any question you wish: I will happily give you a straight and honest answer.

will you? maybe you missed some questions in my above post. Your conclusion will only amount to your owno pinion and not fact. So this doesn't bother me at all.

My original post already showed my position regarding the matter and maybe you missed the very first line of my very first reply.

Don't try and ask me again to answer your question. If you read properly, you should have been able to know the answers by now.

Just leave it as it is. Thanks

S4TAN said:
Thanks Abdus - I've enjoyed our exchange. Peace be upon you.
Same. with a :) if you don't mind the smilie.

Anyway, to end this, I just want to tell you that I totally agree with the text you quoted in bold and (in my opinion) that not a lot is being done among ethnic minorities to prevent youngsters going the wrong way.

And I have been in the UK for 3 years and I can say for sure, that I can speak my mind without any fear and tbh, I am not offended at all nor agree with what happened in Sudan.

It's the truth, and not matter what, I happily accept it.

Abdus - you're a man blessed with wisdom. Smiles are ALWAYS good! :beerchug:

abdus said:
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:Did you see the original post I quoted of motorbikez? Instead of showing that you know how to use 'bold', go and read before making flippant comments...

He edited his post after I posted and he original post I quoted of him was nowhere your bold letters...

Now do you notice why I didn't make any comment? Because they were not there in the first hand and how could I have quoted inexistant texts? in bold?

Think carefully as you said...Oh and also read carefully before posting. :eyebrows:

TAKE NOTE

The post I edited was one I deleted abdus because it appeared twice.

abdus said:
what truth am I not grasping here? I really can't see anything what you are trying to explain...But I can see that you like generalising your opinion and try to make it into facts which cannot be.

and I don't lecture law but I do read English Law as a matter of fact.

:hi:
Am I supposed to be impressed.

Right abdus you said in one of your posts you didn't want to start an argument plenty has been said on this matter now and it is starting to get
boring.Myself and others on this forum have aired our views you have aired yours as you are entitled to.
Lets leave it at that.

Have a nice Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year.

not sure whats worse, the sentence, the lashings, public humiliation or being sent back home to liverpool?

m40rcd said:
not sure whats worse, the sentence, the lashings, public humiliation or being sent back home to liverpool?

Being sent back home to Liverpool - by a large margin!:)

fingermouse said:
anyone know where I can adopt a pig ????/

Ive the perfect name in mind ..............................

grow up... hate breeds hate.

Soprano said:
grow up... hate breeds hate.

its not a hate thing its just I find the whole thing daft. But hey this is soft Britain maybee we should follow suit and hold strong to our traditions ????