1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting insurance for a Remapped RS3

XPOWER Jul 6, 2016

1. XPOWER

XPOWER Active Member Team Catalunya Audi RS3

My insurance is up for renewal with Admiral and they have been the cheapest quote I've had.

So I tried and get an insurance quote from them asking how much difference a Stage 1 remap would be to my insurance before I had the remap done.

They said they could not cover that modification. :cry:

Previously I declared my 2007 S3 as having a stage 1 remap with Admiral and that didn't change my premium at all.

What are other people's experience of declaring a remap on an RS3 to their insurance.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team Panther Audi RS3 TTRS

I don't have an RS3, but I used E-sure for my tuned car. They are pretty good.

4. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

Don't even try Axa, they won't touch any modification...of any kind :(

5. josedebardi

josedebardi Well-Known Member Team Panther VCDS Map User Audi RS3

Aviva were very amenable when I tuned my last Audi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member

Keith Michaels were good when I modded Scoobs.

TX.

7. DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Hi, have you tried us for modified insurance? If you wanted to drop me a line I'd be happy to help.

Kind Regards
    Dan

jassyo06 and 45bvtc like this.
  8. XPOWER

I did give Adrian Flux a ring but I think they quoted around £600 for a standard RS3 while Admiral has quoted me £280.
    I can't justify paying hundreds of pounds a year more on my insurance just for a remap.
    I was hoping it would be no cost if it was only a certain % increase like it was with my S3.

But I guess insurance companies have changed their policy regarding remaps and they view them as risk.

9. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter SQ5 owners group Team Cornflower Blue Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Team Sepang Audi RS3 Audi TT

You've all three of ours (RS3, 2.0 TT roadster, and A1 Black Edition 185bhp), Dan; and have always been mega helpful and always £££s competitive.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  10. Arcam

Arcam Active Member

£280 for a RS3, I would like some of that please!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

11. andyt99

andyt99 Active Member

Wow, listing three desirable cars & a full postcode and then posting it to a public forum? Not sure I'd do that!

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Kelza

Kelza MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator Audi RS3

Edited 45bvtc :whistle2:

45bvtc likes this.
  14. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter SQ5 owners group Team Cornflower Blue Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Team Sepang Audi RS3 Audi TT

Thanks andyt99, you're absolutely right and I should not have included my postcode :sadlike:, and thanks to Kelza for sorting...:hi:

15. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Well-Known Member Team Mythos Team Daytona Team Phantom Audi RS3 Audi RS4 Audi S3 Audi A1 Black Edition Navarra Blue Classic

Mines only £200!

16. Arcam

Arcam Active Member

Good grief! Mine is £570 with Admiral, max no claims, old git, no mods. Did not think my post code is that bad.

17. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Well-Known Member Team Mythos Team Daytona Team Phantom Audi RS3 Audi RS4 Audi S3 Audi A1 Black Edition Navarra Blue Classic

I went with LV. Euro cover, protected bonus, legal, loan car. 1.4 A1 BE 150 is only £40 less! Admiral and associates demand details of speeding courses attended, others do not.

18. XPOWER

Did you ask if that was their best price they could do?
    When I asked for a quote Admiral they quoted £390 but when I asked if they could give me a better price they came back with £280.
    I could have made it even cheaper by increasing my excess to £1000.

19. Arcam

Arcam Active Member

I sure did and that was the best price across several insurance companies. I am well versed in the art of getting quotes

I need to check my docs but I don't think I have a voluntary excess only the mandatory one.

20. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! S3 Saloon Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue

Excess a £1000 jeezo that's a lot,don't do it,as you know keep the excess as low as you can,£100 for me
    What Audi's warranty or don't you bother with that?

21. XPOWER

I think your right it £1000 a lot to pay if I had to make a claim. Saying that I haven't had to make a claim in 22 years so if it decreases my premium by £100 a year I've saved £2,200. But it is a bit of a gamble though.

There is a risk with doing a remap when it comes to Audi warranty not covering the car if something goes wrong.

Initially I was thinking of getting an ABT remap which comes with its own car warranty.
    It does cost a lot more than having just remap with no warranty.
    There is still the option of taking out a third party warranty that would cover any work which had invalidated the Audi warranty by having the car remapped.

Now that my insurance has said no to a remap I'm not going to risk invalidating my insurance if I had to claim.
    So I'll have to stick to the standard RS3 performance for the foreseeable future.

jassyo06 likes this.
  22. Shaunee

Shaunee Active Member

THIS.... give Keith Michaels a call and ask to speak specifically to Gary Moulson.

They cover me on the RS3 on a policy that gives me mod cover up to 500bhp without the need for any further referral. All in for £330 per year and £350 excess.

Obviously insurance is heavily dependant upon individual circumstances but it can be reasonable.