Gearbox mount bolts HELP

S3_Mitch

Money pit owner
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know the part numbers for the three bolts connecting the gearbox mount bracket to the gearbox? (One of the bolts has a smaller stud and nut at the top)

Should these bolts be replaced after removal, when I did the clutch I removed these and re-torqued according to info I found online. Torque was around 50Nm +1/4 turn which seemed extremely tight hence i'm worried they will break.

I've ordered the two bolts connecting the mount to the bracket as I removed these but could not find any information on the three bolts in question.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

They should be replaced after every use as they're a stretch bolts.

http://workshop-manuals.com/audi/a3...lve)_mechanics/technical_data/technical_data/

Use this above to find torque specs.

Starting with the keywords A3 Mk1
So you will need " A3 Mk1 gearbox mount"

Upload 2016 8 15 7 46 18

Upload 2016 8 15 7 46 30

Reactions: S3_Mitch
Cheers man, I did look on the workshop manuals but didn't find the correct section.. I thought the three in question must have been stretch bolts aswell as the others, I just couldn't find the part numbers anywhere

this is a fun one, I'm just about to do a clutch change myself, and am getting paranoid about stretch bolts.
the large mounting to body are N10209605 M12x1.15 x 65mm
I cant find any others that are referenced as stretch bolts on a post 2000, Haynes has the mounting to transmission as stretch's before 2000

what I don't see in Haynes is the bolts marked as A in the second diagram, ie screwing into the bracket mounted on the gearbox.

it does list these for the other end, , again as non stretch after 2000

getting a little confused