FWD to Quattro

Pmmpmm

Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to convert Fwd to Quattro. And I have a question, the car is A4 B6 1.9tdi with the code engine AWX. This modification has never been 4-wheel drive, only fwd, so I am wondering : Is there any difference in the body of AWX and the other modifications or everything is similar. Thanks in advance and happy holydays

No... the main things, the channel for the universal joint, exhaust system, fuel tank are there. On B6 and B7 there is no problem for this,. On B5 are mainly different, the body should be remaked. My question is about the installing of the rear axle. Is the body ready to fit directly the quattro rear axle or additional supporters are needed.

P.S. If you see the car, you will agree that this car should not be sold, the last thing of the project is the quattro ;)

I’d have thought the boot floor would need cutting out and changing for the Quattro version, gearbox will be geared differently too

This has been considered many times before by any people. After investigation it's prohibitively expensive & as already been said - much cheaper to just buy a quattro. I'm not sure anyone has actually gone through with the conversion (maybe 1 or 2)

Totally possible, more a matter of how much you want to spend really.
I remember watching some guys on YouTube doing it some time ago, did it withing a day iirc.

So I had a look under the car, the only thing should be done is to weld two supporters to fit the rear axle. As I found, some of the modifications have these supporters, some don't. This is the only difference between the fwd and quattro body. Next week the conversion will begin.
@Mothy69 As I already said, I will not sell this car :)

Reactions: SimonBUK