1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funding help requested for my Autistic son

Garth_S3 Sep 8, 2015

1. Garth_S3

Garth_S3 Active Member

Hi all,

I've been a member on here for a good few years now and I'm trying to fund raise using every avenue open to me at the moment. Please take a read through my post and help if you can. Many thanks...

For a while we've been concerned about my son's development as he wasn't talking or engaging the way that a normal 3 year old should and recently I got the heart breaking confirmation of my fears when Ben was diagnosed with autism and learning difficulties.
    Instead of posting on forums or researching mods, my wife and I have spent most of our time researching the best therapies for autistic children as the NHS offers literally nothing :-(

All of this research points to the fact that the only real option for Ben is ABA (Applied Behavioural Analysis), which is the standard in countries like the USA. Sadly, to get this therapy for Ben, the cost is so far outside of our reach (around £32,000 a year!) that we are starting to try to fund raise to pay for it.

So on to my shameless plug, normally I would never accept charity, but for my son I will gladly put away my pride and ask for help. So if any of you would like to help out, the link to our funding page is below.

Obviously I cannot justify spending money on cars whilst I am saving for Ben's therapy so if anyone wants me to help them out on their cars in exchange for donations, then I'll happily do whatever I can :)

Thank you all for reading this far!

http://gogetfunding.com/aba-for-ben/

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Gareth, I'm going to speak with some of the locals in your area about doing a run and see if we can do something to raise funds for Ben.
    To all other members on the forum. Let's all pull together and do something. A small donation from us would soon add up and help make Bens therapy happen. Link in 1st post. Thanks in advance everyone. :) x

4. Jake 61

Jake 61 Teacher of bad things..! Team Brill Red Team V6 Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A3 quattro

Happy to help Gareth, good luck in the months ahead.

hendrix1963 and Sandra like this.
  5. Garth_S3

Garth_S3 Active Member

Thank you so much. It blows me away that there are so many generous people out there who are willing to help a total stranger.

It's really putting things in perspective for me about, how such a selfless act, no matter what size can give others so much hope. I am truly humbled

hendrix1963, Jake 61 and Sandra like this.
  6. THQuattro

THQuattro Site Sponsor Site Sponsor Team Avus Silver Team V8 Team V6 Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Team Panther Team Silver Audi RS4 Audi S4 saloon Audi A4 quattro Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

Good luck , i have donated and i hope you reach your target.

7. ShaunS3

ShaunS3 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

8. hendrix1963

hendrix1963 Staying Alive

Best of luck with the fundraising. I will gladly make a donation as soon as the paypal server is up and running. regards Neil

Jake 61 and Sandra like this.
  9. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Donated. Im sure there will be plenty more from the forum member for such a worthy cause. . Look forward to doing things to get you more funding. :) x

hendrix1963 likes this.
  10. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Audi S5 Black Edition quattro

Another donation, such a worthwhile cause, hope it helps toward your target.
    JG

11. VinceXR

VinceXR Active Member Sportback Team Tango TDi Audi A3 Black Edition S tronic

I've made a small contribution but I hope it helps. All the best.

hendrix1963 likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Ghost

Ghost Booooooo! Gold Supporter

Hi Gareth, I have added a link to my signature that links to your fundraising page for Ben.
    Hope you don't mind and maybe others can do this also.

14. Garth_S3

Garth_S3 Active Member

Hi guys, thank you for the donations :)

Ghost, that's awesome, thank you

JG51 AUD and Sandra like this.
  15. Winchmore

Winchmore Member

Hi Gareth,
    Its great what you are doing ! We have been on the journey for about 5 years and its certainly very challenging and rewarding at the same time.
    need any advise please DM. Also If you on Twitter will also retweet .
    Rgs
    https://twitter.com/AutismMeetup

Ghost likes this.
  16. Garth_S3

Garth_S3 Active Member

Thank you. I'll drop you a pm. I've not used twitter before (I'm sure my 15 year old step son thinks I'm an old man!) but I had a look at that link and it looks good.

17. marcusp13

marcusp13 Member

I've added a little something. All the best for you Gareth,

18. Garth_S3

Garth_S3 Active Member

Thank you, you're a good guy

19. THQuattro

THQuattro Site Sponsor Site Sponsor Team Avus Silver Team V8 Team V6 Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Team Panther Team Silver Audi RS4 Audi S4 saloon Audi A4 quattro Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

Nearly 6k well done

20. ShaunS3

ShaunS3 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

21. Sandra

Matt at slim detailing is going to donate a car care pack for the raffle. @Garth_S3 @ShaunS3

ShaunS3 likes this.