front splitter installation tips etc required .

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Ordered my splitter yesterday and collected today from my local seat dealer.
Looking to fit at weekend but was keen to ask what the best fittment plan is on an sline bumper etc.
I see a lot of you guys have fitted the splitter also and they look great,
any hints & tips on this subject would be great.

rob

Pre-drill mounting holes to the splitter (the more the better)
Cut/gring down the two tabs!? in the middle of the splitter (only cut/grind the top quarter of them).
Lift/jack up the front end of the car for better access
Use duct tape/sole tape to initially attach the splitter to the bumper.
Then play with it ,align until happy with the result.
trim any excess (not needed really)
Then the last step use some short self tapping screws to pernamently fix it to the bumper.
enjoy the new look
oh and take photo evidence... pics or it never happened :photo:

I rang my local seat dealer ( by sheer chance there was one 2.3 miles from me) and they quoted me £44.24 inc vat, wasnt in stock but was in and ready to collect the next day.
Seemed like a good price, saw some on the internet and fleabay for similar prices a few were a couple of pounds less, but all wanted stupid postage cost which made the cost a lot higher , so getting one local from seat turned out the best price and quickest service..

rob

Reactions: Welshquattro
finished fitting Cupra R splitter (again) & painting calipers red [now with pics]
There is another guide. It's at the bottom of the page in the link above. And should give you a bit more info. I centred mine and then used tape to hold it in place. Then I drilled the 2 tabs closest to the long centre stems and screwed them in place. I took it back off again and kept cutting about 5mm off of the long centre stems and re-fitting after each cut until it was parallel with the bottom of the bumper. I then fixed the long stems in place with long screws and small washers. I then taped the ends of the splitter in place making sure they were the same distance from the edge of the bumper. Then I started to drill the tabs next to the ones I'd already screwed in place and worked my way out towards the ends. Making sure I measured each pair of tabs opposite from one another so that they were the same distance from the edge of the bumper. Then I just had to trim a Little bit off of each end of the splitter to line up with the ends of the bumper. Oh and before you start make sure that you grind all the tabs flat. Or you'll never get it flush

Last edited:
I've just carbon wrapped mine so for others who might want to do this....it was an ballache!

I've just carbon wrapped mine so for others who might want to do this....it was an ballache!

Hey pal how's the motor, I know your pain lol, I wrapped mine in brushed steel - absolute nightmare, splitter nearly got thrown a few times:banghead: