Front speaker.....Rubbish!!!!!

ridgy666

Reaction score
Recently purchased an a4 Cab which I love.....one problem, the stereo or should I say 1 speaker is pretty S**te. Its the one right at the front under the windscreen which runs parallel with the dash. As soon as give it a bit of ooomph it starts with the noise! Like a tinny speaker does. As anybody tried replacing this speaker, it looks one hell of a job! Anybody had similar probs?

You need to disconnect it. It's the centre "speech" speaker tuned to the frequency of a baby crying. If you have the non-Bose system then just pull the HU and snip one of the 2 thin speaker wires that bridge the left & right channels on the brown speaker ISO plug. They're really easy to spot as they are thinner than the other wires.

Cheers fella, i can now finally listen to Steps how they were meant to be played!!!

ridgy666 said:
Cheers fella, i can now finally listen to Steps how they were meant to be played!!!

:idea:

After giving this problem consideration it would appear that the solution would be to disconnect all speakers to achieve optimum performance while playing Steps! :)