Front & Rear Dash Cam's

Swanny356

Reaction score
After purchasing a very substandard Dashcam that I stuck with for about 3 days, I'm now looking for a better kit for @ £100 - any ideas?

Something quite discreet is a must.

i have the nextbase duo, my 3rd dashcam, but without doubt the best ive used so far. cost £130 from amazon about 3 months ago, not sure the price now, but for me its perfect. monitor is nice and clear, works well in the dark, ive yet to find a fault with it

Reactions: Swanny356
Cheers Taco67,

Just checked Amazon and now £154 :frown:

I'll keep looking for a bit, anyone recommend anything else?

I can't help @Swanny356 since my Thinkware F750 was £190 and that was only because it was a black Friday deal. However I had taken an interest in the Nextbase cam so I have a question for @Taco67 - do the cameras have any vertical adjustment? Whilst I could see the advantage of not having to run a cable for the rear camera (although it turned out that doing so was not as difficult as I feared), I was concerned that it might be difficult to position the Nextbase so that both cameras were angled properly - since raising one causes the other to look down?

there is no vertical adjustment Dippy, what i found easiest was to angle the rear camera first, as the front facing has a wider field of view. it was more time consuming than problematic, because you need to get the light levels correct, or else in certain circumstances it can appear too dark.
i have mine positioned slighlty to the right, and in line with my mirror. picture is pretty much perfect both ways

i've got a mini 0805 ambarella in the front of my car which i find pretty good.

there is no vertical adjustment Dippy, what i found easiest was to angle the rear camera first, as the front facing has a wider field of view. it was more time consuming than problematic, because you need to get the light levels correct, or else in certain circumstances it can appear too dark.
i have mine positioned slighlty to the right, and in line with my mirror. picture is pretty much perfect both ways
Thanks. As I noted, I went ahead and installed a different dashcam but out of interest I am intrigued as to what the Nextbase would have been like. When you get a chance could you provide a clip of video for the rear camera? - I'd like to see how well it works with its zoom lens.

Thanks. As I noted, I went ahead and installed a different dashcam but out of interest I am intrigued as to what the Nextbase would have been like. When you get a chance could you provide a clip of video for the rear camera? - I'd like to see how well it works with its zoom lens.

i will do mate. as it appears on the actual screen, the recording is crisp and clear. when i have viewed anything on my pc it is really decent, almost dvd quality. i think the one i bought is dual 720p, and the rear camera didnt really need to be zoomed too far, as it comes with a different lens than the front