Front left spring went tonight...

I

imported_ashs3

On my way home from work, round the last roundabaout, I heard a boing loud bang, got home (luckily just down the road) looked under neath and the top of my coil spring had snapped off !

So car was picked up by Audi Roadside to be taken to the dealers tomorrow and I have a brand new Mazda 6 2.0 exec /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thing is I hope that tomorrow when I call the dealer that they will say "not to worry, we will order a new spring today and fit it so you can pick it up thursday" not holding my breath but will have to wait and see. Really want the S3 over X mas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Not what I wanted when I am leaving to pick my sister up from Germany at 7am tomorrow.
Praise to Audi for sorting it out though, called them at 19:15 and the RAC took it away at 20:30 and I had a hire car by 21:15 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Still may be a blessing, as glad it went here in the UK and not in Europe, plus don't have to put the miles on the S3 now. Was looking forward to those Autobahns though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bet youre gutted M8, no S3 on those autobahns /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Hope you get it sorted soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Was it standard suspension?

Yeah standard sport suspension, all S3's came with sports as far as I know.

Just hope that Audi can order the part and fit it in 3 days, should do.

some had quattro GmbH lowered suspension as an option.

inc mine.

glad you got home safe mate, must say thats the first time i have heard of a spring failing, on any of the car forums ive been on.

right spring went on ma S3 this week still wondering if I'll upgrade to bilstein or something..bummer

Ash, I would suggest that you look at getting some other springs or complete new setup under the S3, as it's something I always look at everytime something goes wrong on any of my cars.....what can I change it too in order to make it better. Get it taken to a local garage and ask them to fit some Bilstien shocks and springs (Which you supply) or simply some Eibach springs, and it will cost you the same as Audi charge you...just an idea mind.

In theory they should be replacing all of the springs as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Ash, I would suggest that you look at getting some other springs or complete new setup under the S3, as it's something I always look at everytime something goes wrong on any of my cars.....what can I change it too in order to make it better. Get it taken to a local garage and ask them to fit some Bilstien shocks and springs (Which you supply) or simply some Eibach springs, and it will cost you the same as Audi charge you...just an idea mind.

In theory they should be replacing all of the springs as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did not pay for it anyway, it is under warranty.

Got it back yesterday, it was ready on Wednesday but I was in germany with the Mazda /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Got to say it is a great car, only downside is that the 2.0 petrol engine needs a bit more grunt as it is flat as a witches tit.

Glad to have the S3 back anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif