front end before and after(pics)

swarcup

Reaction score
Finally upgraded the front end with the s-line lower and a cupra r splitter. So heres a couple of pics for you to have a look at.Picture quality is a bit dubious but youl get the jist...

before
frontold.jpg

after

frontnew.jpg

Looks good mate, how did you find taking the front off?

You've made the grille's yourself have you? They look good too :thumbsup:

cheers lads, pretty chuffed with it really. The front took me about 15-20 mins to remove the bumper assembly and the lower part was off about 15mins after that. Pretty easy to do.
The grills are made from some mesh from ebay powder coated ally from poland see here ALUMINIUM BLACK MESH 16x10 GRILL BUMPER AUDI A3 A4 A6 on eBay (end time 26-Sep-10 13:15:18 BST) the edging is a rubber car trim Rubber Car Door / Boot Seal Edge Trim (5 metres strip) on eBay (end time 25-Sep-10 11:25:12 BST) was a bit unsure how they would turn out but now there done i think they look ok. all in its taken me 12 hours start to finish. The grills are held in with some discreetly placed screws through groove in the centre of the trim and when tightened down they disappear from site but leave the grille removeable if needed, couldnt get on with tie raps. Not sure though about how low the splitter looks dont fancy pulling up with the front over a kerb, might lose it.

looks good bud,where did you get the sline lower skirt from and how much/

that looks like a quality job alright... did you spray it yourself or get a pro to do it??

Swarcup could/can the lower potion of bumper ( s-line) be removed without taking the whole bumper off. I ask this as i would like to remove the lower for a little mod i have in mind.

that looks like a quality job alright... did you spray it yourself or get a pro to do it?? I sprayed it myself from rattle cans and you cant tell the difference, it was quite easy but dont think id tackle a larger area, its turned out really well, £28 for the paint and laquer from audi, i used a grey primer from halfauds i already had.

Swarcup could/can the lower potion of bumper ( s-line) be removed without taking the whole bumper off. I ask this as i would like to remove the lower for a little mod i have in mind. I think to be honest that you should remove the whole bumper to remove the lower s-line part as it attaches with plastic lugs that if you pull will brake off , these can be eased away from the rear without damage, also with the bumper off things are much easier

that's a brilliant job mate. makes me question having paid a body shop to do my front, back and door mouldings (although rear is larger and maybe too big for rattle can job). I'd love the cupra splitter too but in a few months it would be acting as a snow plough up here.

seen your mods too they look great, I was thinking of trying quattrojames for the rear vallance. Missed that one lol. Anything else coming?

Double kudos for the DIY spray job :hi:

Any plans to do the rear valance?

yes rear asap. finding it tricky to source one, there was someone selling a rear votex avant bumper the other day, scratched and needs painting whats it worth?

just developed what i sspect to be a cracked/perished injector leak off pipe. think thats what its called? (the small pipe that links the injectors)Didnt you do yours not so long back james, anyone know whats involved in replacing? is it straight forward

just developed what i sspect to be a cracked/perished injector leak off pipe. think thats what its called? (the small pipe that links the injectors)Didnt you do yours not so long back james, anyone know whats involved in replacing? is it straight forward

Yes mine did it, the garage replaced it when they were looking for my starting issue. I think it's pretty straightforward as they just push fit onto the injectors from memory as it's just a fuel return. I don't think you even need a specific Audi part, just some of the correct sized piping to match.