Forge intercooler

Ian Whiffen

Reaction score
Wow just looked on ebay and there was a 2nd hand Forge intercooler for £500 at a breakers so I bought it. Some one one must have had an accident in their modified S1 as there is also a set of h+r lowering springs and turbo back Scorpion exhaust on there too.

Last edited:
£500? I can get them for that brand new at trade prices, would want a bit more discount than that off an accident damaged car :/

Reactions: Ian Whiffen and DTYME83
What else did the car have, out of interest

DTYME83

£500? I can get them for that brand new at trade prices, would want a bit more discount than that off an accident damaged car :/
Yeah but sadly I'm not you lol. I haven't seen any specials on intercooler on here so thought I would jump in before it sold. To be honest it looks brand new just like all the other parts on ebay from this S1 and 500 is still better than the 700 I was going to spend on the Wagner one. That 200 will pay for fitting it.

What else did the car have, out of interest

DTYME83
Hi Daniel it was the intercooler , h+r springs and exhaust. It's a company called vrs in Northampton. Not sure if they are selling them for someone or they have the actual car there. Seems pricey but 500 is better than 650 to be honest.

Hi Daniel it was the intercooler , h+r springs and exhaust. It's a company called vrs in Northampton. Not sure if they are selling them for someone or they have the actual car there. Seems pricey but 500 is better than 650 to be honest.

The car wasn't smashed up if it's off a blue S1 from VRS

Did someone have their car taken back to stock then? I just assumed it was a breaker

No the guy is not on the forum, but it was the blue S1 that made 422 BHP

DTYME83

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
There is a story to everything :grinning:

Last edited:
Well it turned up today so I have booked it in with my mechanic to be fitted on Monday. Can't wait to see how much difference it makes

Reactions: ChrisG.
I will be interested to hear the results, might be the next thing I save for :racer:

Please post some pics too :)

Cheers

Chris

Would H and R Springs be compatible over stock
Adjustable Dampers on the S1?

It has work for most people but I did hear of case where it caused an issue.
DTYME83

Reactions: S1Pete
Yes they still use the original dampers so it would not cause an issue with the adjustable damping system.
Thanks,
Just made vrs an offer of 100 notes,
and they're accepted,
delivery within two days!
Fitting Straight Forward?
I'll get my mechanic mate to fit them,
should make a nice difference,
Cheers, Pete.

Reactions: ChrisG. and DTYME83
Mine will most likely be up for sale in 3-4 months

Your intercooler or car? If it's the latter, I shudder to think how much money you'll lose on it :blink:

Reactions: S1Pete, Ian Whiffen and DTYME83
Your intercooler or car? If it's the latter, I shudder to think how much money you'll lose on it :blink:

The car is going nowhere
The intercooler, are you interested.
DTYME83

Reactions: ChrisG., S1Pete and Ian Whiffen
The car is going nowhere
The intercooler, are you interested.
DTYME83

That's good :) Well I'm off on a Euro trip this weekend so we'll see if the car feels low on power after I give it a good run in the Alps. After the drama I've just had with Audi, I am very reluctant to make any permanent alterations to my car.

That's good :) Well I'm off on a Euro trip this weekend so we'll see if the car feels low on power after I give it a good run in the Alps. After the drama I've just had with Audi, I am very reluctant to make any permanent alterations to my car.

Drama???

Reactions: ChrisG.
My car was at the dealership for over 5 weeks because the availability of parts for the S1 is shocking.

What parts did you need?
What if any,were the alterations you made,
and was this the reason for the parts!?

What parts did you need?
What if any,were the alterations you made,
and was this the reason for the parts!?

I don't want to state it publicly, sorry.

oooooh a secret :tonguewink:

Let's start guessing :grinning:

My guess is you changed something that Audi say caused something else to break and Audi didn't want to pay for it. Maybe a remap or similar?

You couldn't be more wrong, but that's a solid attempt at stirring s*** :)

Reactions: ChrisG. and Ian Whiffen
As if I would do something like that :whistle2:

The manufacturers IT depts watch everything........

Reactions: DTYME83