FL MIB Retrofit

retrofix

Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to retrofit FL MIB standard to my 2013 8V which as MIB Standard (5.8"), mostly because of the slow multimedia, lack of features and mainly screen quality. I wanted to confirm the part numbers:

81A035824 - MIB standard unit
8V0857273N/P - Screen (What's the difference between N and P?)
8V0919614BE - Center console controls

Thanks!

Unless you know someone who can perform the retrofit for you locally using very very VERY special tools you are not going to be able to retrofit MIB2 STD. MIB2 High (Harman) is easier to retrofit.

Unless you know someone who can perform the retrofit for you locally using very very VERY special tools you are not going to be able to retrofit MIB2 STD. MIB2 High (Harman) is easier to retrofit.

Thanks for the reply. Besides CP, what special tools are we talking about if it’s possible for you to elaborate here?

I currently have 5.8 MMI STD so I went for MIB2 STD because the part is cheap and I want a refreshed interface and more than that a bigger screen.

Thanks for the reply. Besides CP, what special tools are we talking about if it’s possible for you to elaborate here?

I currently have 5.8 MMI STD so I went for MIB2 STD because the part is cheap and I want a refreshed interface and more than that a bigger screen.
STD and High are two different systems which are retrofitted / hacked in very different ways with the High being the easier of the two believe it or not. The correct tools are needed for any MIB unit but for MIB1 and 2 STD units, like Delphi rand technisat, very very special tools are needed.