Fitting armrest - led illumination

anthonyl80

S3 S-tronic Facelift Saloon Black Edition
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm fitting an armrest which includes the led light. I've taken out the ash tray at the rear of the centre console and I can see an electrical connector attached inside the console. I've attached a photo and the connector is to the left. Does this connect to the armrest? If so, how do I release the plug cos I can't seem to move it? Would appreciate any answers cos I'm no expert as you can probably tell!

Thanks,

Anthony

Attachments

• 20130816_201234.jpg
    20130816_201234.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 205
It looks like an interior light connector, if its not in use & it mates with armrest, then plug that bad boy in.

I've slid the connector out but it doesn't mate with the armrest connector. Anyone know what it's for? Could I change the connector so it mates with the armrest?

Cheers

Stick a meter on the wires, see if it shows any readings, if not, turn ignition on & start engine with headlights on & see if it then shows readings, if so then its definitely a feed you can use, to test further get someone to toggle the headlight switch on/off whilst you check meter or if you can push meter prongs onto wires to hold in place, then you can test yourself.

Cheers for that. I've run in to a problem while fitting it. The bolt threads aren't long enough to extend above the metal plate. Anything I can do about that?

Attachments

• 20130817_173734.jpg
    20130817_173734.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 162
Ignore that, I was being daft, apologies!