Fitting a TIP to the apy engine

_scotty_

Reaction score
I have found a oversized TIP for sale at a good price and it looks the same as the b5 v3 but I have read that because my engine has non switchable esp it won't be a direct fit. Dose anyone have any pics on what mods need to be done.

I have also looked at the pics on the b5 website and looking at my standard TIP in comparison to the oversize one there doesn't look to be a lot of difference in size. I know it will flow a lot better but is there that much improvement over the stock apy TIP to justify buying one?

proven gains of nearly 20hp with bigger TIP

Non ESP cars just need some extra bits for the PCV and N75 as they are on the opposite sides of the non ESP TIP to ESP cars

<tuffty/>

I have found a oversized TIP for sale at a good price and it looks the same as the b5 v3 but I have read that because my engine has non switchable esp it won't be a direct fit. Dose anyone have any pics on what mods need to be done.

I have also looked at the pics on the b5 website and looking at my standard TIP in comparison to the oversize one there doesn't look to be a lot of difference in size. I know it will flow a lot better but is there that much improvement over the stock apy TIP to justify buying one?

Get them side by side and you will definitely see the difference

Wow 20hp gain not bad at all for the price then thanks for the info ✌
Subject to other mods and engine condition etc of course... can't remember the exact figure but was on a stage 2 S3 with no other change than swap the TIP for one of Bill's... might be nearer 18hp?

<tuffty/>

I have an APY s3 with no esp and have fitted two b5 tips without ever having a problem regarding different pipework. As for the gains, it's well worth it!

Just fitted a V2.2 Badger TIP on my BAM 225 TT and there is a lot of difference in the size.
DSC 2620

Car pulls a lot stronger at higher RPM over 5K . And it currently has a standard map.

Reactions: hydro s3