Fitted Forge Blow Off Valve But Not Sure If Wrong?

jaysonD

Reaction score
Fitted my
Bov yesterday and it makes barely any whoosh nothing like I expected it to or that I've seen on videos, it came with no instructions and I noticed the BOV had holes only on two sides as one side has forge written onit. Just checking that their isn't a certain way round the holes must face to make it louder as it was a right bast to get off.

If not does anyone know what else I can fit to make it louder?

This is what I fitted

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 232
What car do you have?
I've tried one on a K03 car and it was mega loud but on a K04 car its very quiet and almost a waste of time.

What car do you have?
I've tried one on a K03 car and it was mega loud but on a K04 car its very quiet and almost a waste of time.
Haven't got a clue what a K03 k04 car is mate? But mines a 2.0t 2006 quattro? It took me hours to get the diverter valve off haha

K03 and K04 are the different types of turbo fitted to the VAG range of cars - different cars have different turbos

K03 car is the non S3 with the diverter valve underneath on the side of the turbo.
If it took you a while that's the one you have.
On your diverter valve there should be a locating dowel molded in to the plastic which needs to line up on the forge spacer.
This then only allows the forge valve to fit one way.
If the car drives ok then it must be fitted correctly or you'd be losing boost.
Usually on that engine they are fairly noticeable.

Excuse me if im wrong but I thought these cars needed recirculation valves, not bov's...!?! I thought on these engines bov's did more harm than good.. If I am right just get a recirculation valve and a cone filter and it will whoosh all day long. This is what we done on my mates a3 quattro 1.8t

Excuse me if im wrong but I thought these cars needed recirculation valves, not bov's...!?! I thought on these engines bov's did more harm than good.. If I am right just get a recirculation valve and a cone filter and it will whoosh all day long. This is what we done on my mates a3 quattro 1.8t

The thing fitted is Forge's "atmospheric spacer.

It just makes a bit of noise and doesn't really serve any useful purpose.

The car DOES need a diverter valve,which this thing can be used with,and if you delete the DV,the car will default to using the MAP sensor,as the MAF won't be giving correct figures.

All said,the Audi system works,and doesn't need spacers or dump valves to interfere with it.

K03 car is the non S3 with the diverter valve underneath on the side of the turbo.
If it took you a while that's the one you have.
On your diverter valve there should be a locating dowel molded in to the plastic which needs to line up on the forge spacer.
This then only allows the forge valve to fit one way.
If the car drives ok then it must be fitted correctly or you'd be losing boost.
Usually on that engine they are fairly noticeable.
Ahh brilliant that's cleared it up a lot cheers bud!
Quite surprised it's so quite though? Would a forge induction whoosh?

An open cone induction kit will make a blow off noise on gear change etc.
There are better kits than the forge though
Depends what your looking to spend

Reactions: S3Alex
Dont suppose you can name a couple of decent kits could you pal?

Top of the range kits are about
£350-£400
Which will get you a Revo or Amd kit.
Cheaper end woukd be about £200
Which will buy you a neuspeed pflow or a Mtc kit which I'm running again.
You can pick second hand kits up for about £150 ish.
If your not planning on a remap or pushing for big numbers then I'd buy something from the cheaper end of the list, this will give you the blow off sound with extra intake sound and slightly more power too.

Top of the range kits are about
£350-£400
Which will get you a Revo or Amd kit.
Cheaper end woukd be about £200
Which will buy you a neuspeed pflow or a Mtc kit which I'm running again.
You can pick second hand kits up for about £150 ish.
If your not planning on a remap or pushing for big numbers then I'd buy something from the cheaper end of the list, this will give you the blow off sound with extra intake sound and slightly more power too.
Cheers man! Am looking at remapping in the near future so I'll probably get something around the £350 mark, they straight forward to fit???

If your handy with the spanners its fairly easy.
Theres Revo kits on offer in the group buy section on here for £305 delivered