first service ££££

£159 oil interim service been quoted in Audi Hyde in the Northwest just in case anyone I'm the Northwest area ;)

Just been quoted £320 for a first service, think this seems a bit high? Think I'll try and get this price down judging by some of the posts on here which I've read.

Remember that there are two different services:
An oil change or interim service which will be around £150.
An inspection or full service which is approximately £270-300.
Which one you need is age and mileage dependent.

These costs will go up as mileage increases because you'll start to need plugs, air filters and other consumables that aren't included in the early low mileage services.

These costs will go up as mileage increases because you'll start to need plugs, air filters and other consumables that aren't included in the early low mileage services.

Just been quoted £231.44 from Hitchin Audi for a first service on my 7600 mile 1.4 COD. SDB is correct above, as 'My Audi' entry for my car is very clear that dust and pollen filters are every 2 years or 40 k, plugs are every 6 years or 40 k and surprisingly the air filter renew is 60 k and no time limit. So this cost is for an oil change,oil filter and visual checks only.

For the last few years I have been using a top class indy for my B8 A4 and 8P A3 who adhere to the Bosch national charging system and for a silver service they charge £194.00 and will include supply and change of all filters (to OEM standard) plus the same full inspection as Audi. I also understand they can now access and update the service records and if so that will be a bonus.

I guess my only reservation is that I will not get any 8V software updates, but is this too much of a problem, and has anybody booked in with Audi just for the updates and if so are you able to share what the cost was?

Reactions: pburv
Just been quoted £231.44 from Hitchin Audi for a first service on my 7600 mile 1.4 COD. SDB is correct above, as 'My Audi' entry for my car is very clear that dust and pollen filters are every 2 years or 40 k, plugs are every 6 years or 40 k and surprisingly the air filter renew is 60 k and no time limit. So this cost is for an oil change,oil filter and visual checks only.

For the last few years I have been using a top class indy for my B8 A4 and 8P A3 who adhere to the Bosch national charging system and for a silver service they charge £194.00 and will include supply and change of all filters (to OEM standard) plus the same full inspection as Audi. I also understand they can now access and update the service records and if so that will be a bonus.

I guess my only reservation is that I will not get any 8V software updates, but is this too much of a problem, and has anybody booked in with Audi just for the updates and if so are you able to share what the cost was?

What about the audi service price match?

https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/audi-service-price-match.html

Hi Mistac,
To be honest its not just about the money, I moved away from the dealership some years ago as I have not been impressed with the standards that they achieved, (despite extensive discussions) my experience is that they were always looking to trim the cost of the service in their favor even though you had the price set. An example is the confusion between inspections and services and changing air and pollen filters, if needed, although the service plan price was never reduced if either one was not changed. On at least two occasions I was sure the pollen and air filters had not even been looked at, this is not what I expected for the cost and leads to a lack of confidence in them overall.

I did try to give them a second chance when I wanted to order the new car, but they phoned me on test drive day to say sorry but now unable to get me the car I wanted to test. No attempt to look after me even though previously ordered two other Audi from them so ordered from a broker at better discount.
I am looked after far better at the independent and I am more satisfied with the quality of work. Also from what others say on the forum the price match usually means detailed negotiating, with them tending to wriggle quite a lot which is not really on if they offer the price match.

Wow we were £138 for a 1st service last month at Aberdeen Audi , bit of a recession up here at the moment though. A3 1.4 7k miles

Reactions: SW14NY'S and pburv
Hi Mistac,
To be honest its not just about the money, I moved away from the dealership some years ago as I have not been impressed with the standards that they achieved, (despite extensive discussions) my experience is that they were always looking to trim the cost of the service in their favor even though you had the price set. An example is the confusion between inspections and services and changing air and pollen filters, if needed, although the service plan price was never reduced if either one was not changed. On at least two occasions I was sure the pollen and air filters had not even been looked at, this is not what I expected for the cost and leads to a lack of confidence in them overall.

I did try to give them a second chance when I wanted to order the new car, but they phoned me on test drive day to say sorry but now unable to get me the car I wanted to test. No attempt to look after me even though previously ordered two other Audi from them so ordered from a broker at better discount.
I am looked after far better at the independent and I am more satisfied with the quality of work. Also from what others say on the forum the price match usually means detailed negotiating, with them tending to wriggle quite a lot which is not really on if they offer the price match.

I agree entirely, but I guess I am always worried about servicing outside dealership network on such a new car - shouldn't be like that though should it?

My car was given its first service 13,200 miles, all it was given was a oil change and a health check

Reactions: SW14NY'S and pburv
Wow we were £138 for a 1st service last month at Aberdeen Audi , bit of a recession up here at the moment though. A3 1.4 7k miles
That price seems fair to me, but even given perhaps the higher overheads in the south east my price appears excessive to me.

I agree entirely, but I guess I am always worried about servicing outside dealership network on such a new car - shouldn't be like that though should it?
I also worry about this particularly as I took a 5 year warranty, but if I keep all the records and use the correct parts then legally, and fingers crossed, I should have no problems. The good will side may suffer but in fairness I am have not seen too much of that over the years and have little expectation anyway as it is a business with their own overheads to cover.

QUOTE="jassyo06, post: 2758655, member: 75985"]My car was given its first service 13,200 miles, all it was given was a oil change and a health check[/QUOTE]
Thanks Jassy, so no software updates and did you pay my sort of price for that?

That price seems fair to me, but even given perhaps the higher overheads in the south east my price appears excessive to me.

I also worry about this particularly as I took a 5 year warranty, but if I keep all the records and use the correct parts then legally, and fingers crossed, I should have no problems. The good will side may suffer but in fairness I am have not seen too much of that over the years and have little expectation anyway as it is a business with their own overheads to cover.

QUOTE="jassyo06, post: 2758655, member: 75985"]My car was given its first service 13,200 miles, all it was given was a oil change and a health check
Thanks Jassy, so no software updates and did you pay my sort of price for that?[/QUOTE]

Yip just oil and oil filter ,l got a family discount of around £60,l paid £120...mate, that was from Hamilton Audi in Scotland

Reactions: SW14NY'S, traindweller and pburv

QUOTE="jassyo06, post: 2758655, member: 75985"]My car was given its first service 13,200 miles, all it was given was a oil change and a health check
[/QUOTE]
As for your good will comment I would like to add that I had an engine replaced on my last car a year ago.It had full dealer history with 73k on the clock and was three months outside the standard 12 month used warranty.Audi UK gave me a 90% good will gesture towards the engine.Had I not had full dealer history I doubt I would have got a penny out of Audi...Even though you pay over the odds for services etc it does sometimes pay off..It's just a gamble you have to take when you decide to go outside of the Audi dealership for your car servicing..:friends:

Reactions: glospete
pburv,
Good point, but wish you never made it, you start to make me waver towards Audi again!
I still need to get past the quality issues with my local dealership, but perhaps it is worth travelling to another one outside of the area to see if they are better.
I'll stop banging on about it now.:footy:

pburv,
Good point, but wish you never made it, you start to make me waver towards Audi again!
I still need to get past the quality issues with my local dealership, but perhaps it is worth travelling to another one outside of the area to see if they are better.
I'll stop banging on about it now.:footy:
Lol..Sorry to put doubt back in your mind...:huh:
I suppose it all depends if you plan on keeping your car long term ie older your car more likely to have faults appear. Or the other side of the coin only keep your car for 3 years whilst it still has Audi warranty? Providing you only use oem parts for servicing there is no reason why Audi won't give you goodwill towards any manufacturing faults but the other thing they consider on these matters is 'brand loyalty' it will effect on how much % of goodwill they will give you...:yes:

Aberdeen probably has the highest rental value & wages outside London

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hmm,
Dont think thats true now......

Most of the land / lease deals were done at the peak , mechanics wages have been constantly high since the late 70's to stave of desertion to the oil industry. Granted if you wanted to build a garage today you would get a deal.

Sorry just posted this in another thread before finding this one which was the one I was looking for:

Has anyone had issue with leases if serviced at an Indi?

Planning on handing the car back at end of lease if not before.

I'm on long life, oil change @ 18k/2yrs, inspection service @19k/2yrs.

Had the car 16 months but done 18k.

My local indi has quoted £160 for a major service including the pollen filter which would be due 40k/2yrs.

Local Audi quoting £341 for the same thing, ringing around a few audi's cheapest I got was £313 for the interim, 20 odd miles away.

The indi sounded more educated on what was required and made me feel more confident on the phone, also said would be no issue not cleaning my car which reading other posts Audi find difficult to follow.

One garage said they would price match if I got a quote from indi with exact parts which seems a bit unfair on the indi to request, another said they would but when I told them how much the indi was they said bring the quote in and see what they could do but unlikely to, which would just be wasting my time...

Just conscious of messing up lease....

Last edited:
Sorry just posted this in another thread before finding this one which was the one I was looking for:

Has anyone had issue with leases if serviced at an Indi?

Planning on handing the car back at end of lease if not before.

I'm on long life, oil change @ 18k/2yrs, inspection service @19k/2yrs.

Had the car 16 months but done 18k.

My local indi has quoted £160 for a major service including the pollen filter which would be due 40k/2yrs.

Local Audi quoting £341 for the same thing, ringing around a few audi's cheapest I got was £313 for the interim, 20 odd miles away.

The indi sounded more educated on what was required and made me feel more confident on the phone, also said would be no issue not cleaning my car which reading other posts Audi find difficult to follow.

One garage said they would price match if I got a quote from indi with exact parts which seems a bit unfair on the indi to request, another said they would but when I told them how much the indi was they said bring the quote in and see what they could do but unlikely to, which would just be wasting my time...

Just conscious of messing up lease....

Look through your contract with the lease company - it will almost certianly insist that you have to use an Audi dealer or you'll be breaching their contract and will be penalised accordingly. It's their car, you don't have the choice if the contract you entered into stipulates you must use an Audi dealer.

It's a hire purchase direct with Audi and correct me if I'm wrong I can't actually see any specific requirement to even service the vehicle let alone at Audi dealer within the hire purchase agreement.

They only state in sections 3.1 and 12.2 that the vehicle must be returned in a state of good repair and condition in line with its age and mileage.

How could they say that having it serviced at the recommended intervals at an Audi approved indi using genuine Audi parts goes against this?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 136
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 151
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 151
One of the issues these days, is that there is no service book any more. The only data is on Audi's website. So how can we prove that the vehicle has full SH if there's no record?
The independent wont have access to Audis system to check for any updates either.

There is a blank / notes page in the service book that the indy could date stamp though? Not sure how well that would stand though

Just been quoted over £380 at Derby Audi. Rip off. Need to look elsewhere

After ringing round this morning, I got the following quotes....................

Leicester Audi 379.39
Derby Audi 380.83
Tamworth Audi 304.78 Took an hour and many phone calls. Had to go via new car sales to get any service contact at all!
Nottingham Audi 390.83 Told me I needed a major service!
Coventry Audi 323.33
Birmingham Audi 319.02
Northampton Audi 259.98

This all first service, oil, filter, pollen filter and inspection. Not a full service.

Interesting! Our S3 is coming up to 1 year old with just under 2k miles done. Audi have quoted me £247 for that first oil change though :rage: Quite a bit more than the £150 you note above although do they try and charge the S3 owners more perhaps ?! What are other S3 owners paying out of interest?

TX.

My car had its second annual service last week at 16000 miles. I still pay £21 per month for my service plan, which, frankly, I don't miss. The car was actually 23 months post-registration, so I've had 2 annual services and 2 courtesy cars (an A3 cabrio last year and an A5 cabrio this year) all for 23 x £21. You've probably got there before me, but my trusty calculator tells me that's £483, averaging £241.50 per service. A bit on the high side perhaps, but next year and the year after the service will include an MOT which will bring down the average price over the 4 year period. I normally keep a car for 4 years from new and then take a view about changing.

I have done my first Oil Change service at Audi Crewe for £159 (and 10% voucher they gave me when I installed the Navigation system with them) so £143.. Very nice service. Changed the schedule on my car to Fixed..as i do less than 10k a year. My car have has done the service only with 3900 miles on the clock..
Next full service will be £309, it will be next year by this time.. and then I will buy a service pack at £299 that includes 1 oil service and 1 full service..

This is how i have planned to do it.. as i intend to keep my car every year a service one year oil change and the next one full service..

I hope that helps...

Thanks Jassy, so no software updates and did you pay my sort of price for that?

Yip just oil and oil filter ,l got a family discount of around £60,l paid £120...mate, that was from Hamilton Audi in Scotland[/QUOTE]
Jassy, as i class you as family now, can i use the family discount as well?

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 146
Yip just oil and oil filter ,l got a family discount of around £60,l paid £120...mate, that was from Hamilton Audi in Scotland
Jassy, as i class you as family now, can i use the family discount as well?[/QUOTE]
Bog....off...lolthat's the only perk av had in just under 17 months am hoping for a serious favour/perk come March lol

Reactions: pburv and Daytonapig
Interesting! Our S3 is coming up to 1 year old with just under 2k miles done. Audi have quoted me £247 for that first oil change though :rage: Quite a bit more than the £150 you note above although do they try and charge the S3 owners more perhaps ?! What are other S3 owners paying out of interest?

TX.

2k miles in a year? Factoring depreciation, a splash of fuel and even a modest insurance premium, your car is costing you well over £2 a mile.

Sadly I couldn't find one of these many less than £200 being quoted. Even calling some of those garages. They angrily denied they would service for the amounts suggested?

One thing is though, DO NOT ACCEPT THE QUOTE, always say "that's a bit dear, cant you do something?" they will give you at least 10% off which is better in your pocket than theirs.......

I bring my A3 in for it's 25K on Thursday, going to have them run it to their body shop to work out that door ding finally too. Got the ding covered through comprehensive coverage insurance, and the schedule service is covered through Audi Care.

I hope I get to test drive a '17 A4 this time.

Going with the VAG Indi.

Sound very good.

£120 for minor or £160 for major for sake of £40 getting the major, they fixing my rear view mirror for me same time which I took apart and couldn't get back together when fitting Dashcam.

He said they have login to Audi system to do the online stamp/service book records and will provide proof of this and that genuine Audi parts used.

Felt in much better hands over the phone than any of the Audi dealerships I rang around. Some of which were very abrupt over the phone especially when price match was mentioned.

Also fully trust the guy not to wash my car!

Probably won't get quite as nice a courtesy car but oh well.

Reactions: traindweller and pburv
Bumping this thread....

My A3 1.4 CoD will be due for it's first service in a few months. Local Surrey Audi dealer have quoted 322 inc vat. This includes the oil filter, first inspection plus pollen filter.

I then phoned Audi Leeds as I thought I might get it done when visiting my folks £477 !!!! Are they serious!!

Probably that’s why they call them stealerships mate.

Stupid prices for services really. £249-£300 for an initial oil change and a look about... nuts! How much does oil and a filter cost, £60 tops I'd imagine? Takes them probably 45mins in total and they keep the car for the whole day... bonkers really! We all know we're being ripped off but not much we can do about it... it's finding that Indi that you can trust.