First dealer chatter about a FL

8YARWY

Electric Avenue
Reaction score
Just seen this.

b95544cae7842f8dd430b150dc8a12a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, RS03??? and 1 other person
Lol well I am not taking mine in Summer 23 on that basis^.

^if the thing ever gets built of course :mad:

TX.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Jassyo06, Mike.46, 8YARWY and 1 other person

TX.

You are in no position to pick & choose as an Audi customer mate ;) :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, kayemill and 3 others
You are in no position to pick & choose as an Audi customer mate ;) :tearsofjoy:

He will wait in line like everyone else……..

Trouble is the line stretches half way across Europe

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, kayemill and 2 others

TX.

Jeeez after all the drama on here and now you ain’t aving it

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, kayemill and 1 other person
Jeeez after all the drama on here and now you ain’t aving it

Who was it bought the 8V PFL literally a month before the FL was spotted in Germany? Was it @Snake Pliskin

TX.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Who was it bought the 8V PFL literally a month before the FL was spotted in Germany? Was it @Snake Pliskin

TX.

Never mind passing the buck

He was making a wise purchase based upon sound

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, Terminator x and 1 other person

TX.
Never mind passing the buck

He was making a wise purchase based upon sound

ha ha definitely no regrets there.
Based on my past 2 cars I would have happily have kept that car from 2016 to now, knowing what I know now.
Best car I have ever owned - I never got bored of it and it always felt special and wow that sound.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, 8YARWY and 1 other person
ha ha definitely no regrets there.
Based on my past 2 cars I would have happily have kept that car from 2016 to now, knowing what I know now.
Best car I have ever owned - I never got bored of it and it always felt special and wow that sound.

adbb6d4daf3121864f21e72c7d098758.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Apache007, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
If we are sharing ...

TX.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1518471891675 [rs3].jpg
    FB_IMG_1518471891675 [rs3].jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG-20180222-WA0002 [RS3 brakes].jpg
    IMG-20180222-WA0002 [RS3 brakes].jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Deep down l knew it semiconductor shortages blah de blah de blah .....timeline of the THEE 8Y not the timeline of the RS3 determines the FACE LIFT ...Gonna cost a fortune base car starting at £60k lol

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin

TX.
If cancelling or trying to put off your order you need to consider the ''A Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush''

A friend of mine 'restores' some classic cars, another friend dropped in to see him and upon seeing the vast number of waiting projects asked the question ''f*****g h*ll Peter how long are you planning on living?''

Based on those photos the FL is gonna be pretty mild on the RS3 then?

Wonder if they do any powertrain tweaks and/or interior stuff.

Also wonder if its announced in Q1 2024 or literally the cars will be here by then.

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY
Based on those photos the FL is gonna be pretty mild on the RS3 then?

Wonder if they do any powertrain tweaks and/or interior stuff.

Also wonder if its announced in Q1 2024 or literally the cars will be here by then.
F F S.......they can't even build the orders they had for the 21 car let alone any 24MY cars.

Can't imagine many bothering after this fiasco, it's been on the news today new car sales in 2022 were at an all time low.........

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Freeze, DangerMouseUK, Basher (Peter) and 2 others
Poor guys thinking their getting build weeks mid 2023 ....facelift Vorsprung starting at £69k ....? what a mess/fiasco this specific model has turned out to be ....glad am out of it best thing av ever done related to cars

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
Poor guys thinking their getting build weeks mid 2023 ....facelift Vorsprung starting at £69k ....? what a mess/fiasco this specific model has turned out to be ....glad am out of it best thing av ever done related to cars

Come on man. At this point everyone is aware you don’t rate the RS3 and you have cancelled yours but no need to constantly put the folk down who are waiting it out. I agree with you the car isn’t worth the money and the interior is a let down but for some folk its good enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Apache007, Tommm, Mike.46 and 2 others
Come on man. At this point everyone is aware you don’t rate the RS3 and you have cancelled yours but no need to constantly put the folk down who are waiting it out. I agree with you the car isn’t worth the money and the interior is a let down but for some folk its good enough.

People tend to justify their position on things after making a decision, in this case negatively as he’s no longer getting an RS3. That’s fine by me and I’ll continue to justify my decision to own one positively. Love my car……it’s not perfect but you can pick holes in anything if you try hard enough. Still only seen 1 other one on the road………it’s a rare beast which is great to drive and puts a smile on my face every time I get it out of the garage.

Reactions: Daggerit, Tommm, WilsonRS and 4 others
To get this back OT, I have been reading up everything I can about a facelift. Nothing really yet about an RS3 but if it does ever see the light of day I would be tempted to get my name on an order. Will be the last of the last and not the end of the world if it never turns up as I have one. That’s my logic anyway.

Reactions: Tommm

Just stating facts nowt to do with cancelling my order and if its good enough for some So be it but it doesn't take away the fact that "thee some who've mid 2023 build weeks " could have their new RS3 8Y for a few months say 6 months for example just for Audi to roll out another rs3 with at least a mild facelift externally but internally a medium makeover

Just stating facts nowt to do with cancelling my order and if its good enough for some So be it but it doesn't take away the fact that "thee some who've mid 2023 build weeks " could have their new RS3 8Y for a few months say 6 months for example just for Audi to roll out another rs3 with at least a mild facelift externally but internally a medium makeover
Thats assuming the FL is an improvement..... I can see more tech, less buttons touch this and that... The exact reasons I didnt order a G8 'R'.

Thats assuming the FL is an improvement..... I can see more tech, less buttons touch this and that... The exact reasons I didnt order a G8 'R'.

If you look back though, the 8V interior had one single change……the VC was introduced on the 8V1.5 that was it.

I can’t see Audi making drastic changes on the 8Y, especially given the supply chain circumstances they have been facing.

The FL Golf is going back to buttons on the steering wheel and a different MMI screen if spy shots are to be true.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Daggerit
If you look back though, the 8V interior had one single change……the VC was introduced on the 8V1.5 that was it.

I can’t see Audi making drastic changes on the 8Y, especially given the supply chain circumstances they have been facing.

The FL Golf is going back to buttons on the steering wheel and a different MMI screen if spy shots are to be true.

I'm hoping it's something very minor like this. On my S4 the B9 to B9.5 was basically just getting a slightly larger screen on the dash that went from the good MMI wheel input to touch only which I thought was a bad move anyway. And the exterior seemed to get softer so wasn't jealous of FL cars driving about. Maybe something similar here, although I'm pretty sure I'm going to have headlight envy. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Lol they changed the engine too!

TX.

Edit - facelift RS4 arguably worse than before. I prefer the original B9.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daggerit
Lol they changed the engine too!

TX.

Edit - facelift RS4 arguably worse than before. I prefer the original B9.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Yeah I know but I’m just referring to interior changes which it would seem people are expecting big things of

Going back to buttons will be a step in the rite direction for the FL Golf I can imagine it put a lot of people off buying
one myself included .

Going back to buttons will be a step in the rite direction for the FL Golf I can imagine it put a lot of people off buying
one myself included .
Was such a dumb move. Had a loaner car new shape 1.0 golf and the dials to turn up/down/of the heater/ac you have to use the silly screen.

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Someone hasn't watched the video :tonguewink:
I just did, I don't remember hearing anything about new spec. Granted I had a couple distractions, but still don't imagine I'd missed it. Care to spell it out for me in case I did?