Problem Firefox 42.0

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running Firefox 42.0, which has just updated on an auto update.

ASN will load but I am unable to sign in now. The sign in box doesn't appear. All I get is the dashes running in the top right hand corner.

Any idea's folks ?

PS Having to use crappy IE at the mo, which I hate

must just be you, working fine on FF 42.0 here.

Mine is working fine as well Col. Try clearing your cookies and try again:) x

Just ran my faithful C.Cleaner to remove all the stored rubbish in the background
Still no joy I'm afraid
Looks like IE for ASN for the time being ...

Will keep an eye on this thread, I am still on 41.0.2 .
Are all the plug ins upto date ?
Click on Tools , Add-ons then the link at the top to check if the plug ins are upto date.
Have you tried disabling your firewall / AV program temporarily.

I have Firefox 42.0 running on my MacBook & it runs fine. No logging in issues (MacBook running OSX El Capitan)
Probs are with my Desktop PC which is running Windows 8.1 & Firefox 42.0 This is where I have the ASN log in issues. Weird!

Had a play with everyone's suggestions without any joy I'm afraid

I was having similar problems last week. Nothing fancy here, running Vista Home Premium and Chrome browser.
I get suspicious when there are any problems, so I ran a Malware Bytes scan and found over 100 PUP's. Dunno where they originated from but, I don't usually use much out of the ordinary on the computer, ASN, eBay, Flickr, few others. So these were picked up somewhere.
It's been fine since the scan.
Lots of muck out there on t'internet, could have been anything that did it.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I was having similar problems last week. Nothing fancy here, running Vista Home Premium and Chrome browser.
I get suspicious when there are any problems, so I ran a Malware Bytes scan and found over 100 PUP's. Dunno where they originated from but, I don't usually use much out of the ordinary on the computer, ASN, eBay, Flickr, few others. So these were picked up somewhere.
It's been fine since the scan.
Lots of muck out there on t'internet, could have been anything that did it.
Cheers @Jake 61
Will run a Malware Bytes scan tomorrow & report back

Reactions: Jake 61
Cheers @Jake 61
Will run a Malware Bytes scan tomorrow & report back
@Jake 61 - Ran a Malware program (Spybot) thro' my system & it hasn't cured the problem
However I have found away round it (or at least @Point_Audi did ;)).
The problem is not solved as such but at least I'm back now browsing ASN with my preffered browser Firefox

Reactions: Jake 61 and Point_Audi
Glad you got a fix @Bristle Hound, nothing worse than gremlins spoiling the experience.
Spybot is usually pretty good as well.

Dunno how your computer skills are, (don't take that the wrong way), but sometimes starting in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and running a malware scan, will find things that don't normally manifest themselves, if the problem persists.

Dunno how your computer skills are, (don't take that the wrong way), but sometimes starting in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and running a malware scan, will find things that don't normally manifest themselves, if the problem persists.
@Jake 61 - Yup done that too with no joy
Next step is to re-install Firefox, but don't want to loose all my bookmarks. Still I've got a 'work round' at the mo so happy enough

Thanks for all the help & advice buddy

@Jake 61 - Yup done that too with no joy
Next step is to re-install Firefox, but don't want to loose all my bookmarks. Still I've got a 'work round' at the mo so happy enough

Thanks for all the help & advice buddy

Glad to help, that's what forums are for, mate.

You can export your bookmarks to IE, or Chrome temporarily, if you have another browser to fall back on @Bristle Hound, that way, you can re-install FF and export your bookmarks back again.
Been there and done all this, funnily enough, when I was ditching Firefox.....!
I can't fault Chrome, only problem is the Google bit..!

Glad to help, that's what forums are for, mate.

You can export your bookmarks to IE, or Chrome temporarily, if you have another browser to fall back on @Bristle Hound, that way, you can re-install FF and export your bookmarks back again.
Been there and done all this, funnily enough, when I was ditching Firefox.....!
I can't fault Chrome, only problem is the Google bit..!
@Jake 61 - Just realised my MacBook & Desktop PC are signed into Google & both Firefox browsers auto update the bookmarks
Been using Firefox since its launch, so feel all warm & cosy with it lol

Modern technology BH, can't live with it sometimes and definitely, can't live without.

:yes: