Feels like car is llimping when I drive

reverseproxy

Reaction score
Website
www.andrewhope.co.uk
Not sure if this me being paranoid here or feeling something I'm not. The car feels like it's hitting limp mode for about a second or so when driving and then goes back to normal. Or it periodically happens at random points.

I haven't scanned the car with VCDS yet but last time I did nothing was recorded (which I'm assuming if it has got problems because it's not a hard fault yet).

Only thing I can think of off-hand is possibly a boost hose collapsing somewhere, or I need to run an injector cleaner.

The engine is BKD and I know they're prone to collapsing / ******* oil near the lower intercooler hose so I'll have to have a look there.

I also find the car engine feels shaky around 1900 RPM in 6th. Just in a sense that it doesn't like being driven at that speed *70mph*, it feels like I have to drop it into 5th.

Just wondering if anyone could suggest what groups would be worth reviewing/looking at during the VCDS scan.

Timing belt has been done recently (I trust the garage), and I noticed this problem before the timing belt so I don't think it's related. I'm thinking I may have injector issues or boost.

Also an additional note, the camshaft sensor was replaced on the car about 4 years ago before I owned it.