Fault Code P1555

LiveWire

S3X
Reaction score
Hi, just had my car checked on VAG-COM following my problem described in this thread http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=73452

fault showed as p1555 maximum boost pressure exceeded, intermittant

I have had the fault code cleared and want to know what could be causing this code?? My guess is that car has been mapped, which is causing the problem??

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Mine has this problem and it causes the car to boost intermittantly. Sometimes I'll be in the 3k rev range and I'll floor it and it's just like driving an NA 1.8, but when I change up it boosts massively and it's very, very quick.

The previous owner changed the turbo, dump valve, N75, MAF and the N249 valve (I think that's what it's called) but to no avail. I'm still looking for a solution, I've been told it could be the wastegate, but this would require another turbo as it's not sold separately.

Typically, the P1555 code appears on remapped cars, so I'm guessing mine has been remapped somewhere down the line. I've never paid much attention to the MAP sensor, where is it located in the engine?

Sorry to hijack the thread LiveWire.

Mine has this problem and it causes the car to boost intermittantly. Sometimes I'll be in the 3k rev range and I'll floor it and it's just like driving an NA 1.8, but when I change up it boosts massively and it's very, very quick.

The previous owner changed the turbo, dump valve, N75, MAF and the N249 valve (I think that's what it's called) but to no avail. I'm still looking for a solution, I've been told it could be the wastegate, but this would require another turbo as it's not sold separately.

My car used to do exactly the same thing as you describe after I'd got my car remapped, never found a solution to the problem after going back to the company who did the map. It was really frustrating, one minute the car would be fine, the next minute nothing, as if like you say there was no turbo...in the end I took my car to Jabba who did me one of there custom maps a the car has never gone limp since...

So in my experience I'd look towards the map, there is to much boost for some reason and the car is going into protective mode to safe any damage to the engine/turbo...

It also could be a faulty MAP sensor?

Are either of these cars chipped?

I dont know if the car is chipped, the car was a part exchange so the people I bought it from dont know either :eek:(

Would a revo re-map sort the problem?

Looking for some more advice on how to sort the problem, I was racing my old corsa C20XE on the weekend and the S3 went in to limp mode and my mate went past in the corsa and was taking the pi*s out of me all night.

I think the car may have been re-mapped in the past and think this may be causing the problem?

I am going to see my local Revo guy when he returns from his holiday in 2 weeks :keule:and will ask him to map the car back to standard settings, then use a VAG-COM unit to clear fault P1555 code, then I will give the car a quick thrash and and check if the code re appears. I dont want to go down the route of replacing/changing parts before checking the mapping is all good.

Is this a good ideal?? or should I start checking for faulty parts??

Any advice would be great :thumbsup:

I don't like to see anyone wasting money on parts that don't need changing, this limp mode that some peoples car hits has always been a bit if a grey area, there isn't as far as I know a definate answer...like I said though I was getting seriously cheesed off when my car was acting up cause i'd wanted an S3 for a few years and this wasn't what I had on mind. I chose to go elsewhere to another company ie, Jabba...he told me the map wasn't great which I took there word for at the time, but since which is about a year I have never experienced limp mode...

I personally would be looking for another map to see if that suits your car better and stops this frustrating problem...

Good luck, I know how you feel...

I don't like to see anyone wasting money on parts that don't need changing, this limp mode that some peoples car hits has always been a bit if a grey area, there isn't as far as I know a definate answer...like I said though I was getting seriously cheesed off when my car was acting up cause i'd wanted an S3 for a few years and this wasn't what I had on mind. I chose to go elsewhere to another company ie, Jabba...he told me the map wasn't great which I took there word for at the time, but since which is about a year I have never experienced limp mode...

I personally would be looking for another map to see if that suits your car better and stops this frustrating problem...

Good luck, I know how you feel...

Thanks mate, I just hoping the revo guy can sort the problem for me :shrug:

This is the first "Lemon" I have ever bought, I have always been lucky with my previous cars. O well its fast sometimes and a 1.8 for the rest of the time..:sob: