abmat

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
hi,

I have the following codes showing when doing a vcds scan
00943, 00935

Contents
[hide]
00934 - Electric Window Motor; Rear Left (V26)
00934 - Electric Window Motor; Rear Left (V26): No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
Possible Symptoms
  • Window Automatic Run not working
  • Pinch Protection limited
Possible Causes
  • Automatic Run & Pinch Protection not adapted
  • Incorrect Window Motor / Door control module installed
Possible Solutions
  • Adapt Automatic Run & Pinch Protection (see Special Notes)
  • Verify the correct Window Motor(s) / Door control module(s) are installed
Special Notes
  • Pinch Protection Adaptation
    • Make sure the window in question is completely closed.
    • Use the driver door window buttons to operate the window(s).
    • Roll down the window and keep holding the button down for 2 additional seconds after the window is already fully opened.
    • Roll up the window and keep holding the button up for 2 additional seconds after the window is already fully closed.
    • Now test the window automatic.
Both windows work fine using the drivers switches and door ones. I’ve done the adaptation described above but I can’t clear the codes, they just keep coming back.

Anyone got any ideas?

If your window going up and down easily, is it sticking at all and masking any noise when doing it.

If so it’s probably the regulator breaking, causing the module to throw I code if I’m correct

Have you checked the part numbers against the database to see if they are the correct ones? Is it possible they have been replaced, unless you have had from new.

If your window going up and down easily, is it sticking at all and masking any noise when doing it.

If so it’s probably the regulator breaking, causing the module to throw I code if I’m correct

Left is a bit sticky, so I do suspect the regulator may need looking at, but it goes up/down in one movement. Not all over the place like they can do when gone. Makes no unusual noises.

Right is smooth as silk.

Have you checked the part numbers against the database to see if they are the correct ones? Is it possible they have been replaced, unless you have had from new.

Car has never been taken apart AFAIK. One owner from new and is immaculate.

What baffles me is they function exactly as they should.

My passenger side windows goes up and down slick but my drivers side goes down slick but half way going up will struggle and hence triggering the fault.

It will be replaced soon but it sounds like you don’t need to do this. I would try to keep the window clean as I know from experience if the window has dirt and goes up slowely the motor will force it down and will refuse to allow it to go back up unless you cycle the ignition and add Lubricant (I used water literally splashed on the window when it stayed up half way and spread it acrosss it) then it would go fully up

Reactions: abmat