Fancy lights

Djdjdjdox

Reaction score

H
i only a day until the black edition arrives and just saw this on Instagram, wouldn’t have thought it was standard so how would I go about enabling this?

As JenkoBenko says those are OLED rear lights that come with the HD Laser headlights. Whilst they were an (very expensive) option in the UK when the A6 was initially launched they were dropped in the middle of 2019 and the only way to get them now is by buying an RS6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As JenkoBenko says those are OLED rear lights that come with the HD Laser headlights. Whilst they were an (very expensive) option in the UK when the A6 was initially launched they were dropped in the middle of 2019 and the only way to get them now is by buying an RS6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to butt in to make some clarifications:

Those lights are part of the HD Matrix LED headlight package which is now only available (and standard) on the A6 Vorsprung trim level. The Laser headlights are a different thing and have never been available in the UK or Europe due to not being approved/legal yet - I believe they are only in the USA and Asian markets.

The Laser headlights are a different thing and have never been available in the UK or Europe due to not being approved/legal yet - I believe they are only in the USA and Asian markets.
But the laser lights are currently available on other models (eg come as standard on the A7 Vorsprung) so pretty sure they're legal in in UK/EU. As others have already said, the laser lights were an option on the A6 before the WLTP regs came in. I don't think they're even available on the A6 Vorsprung anymore - the configurator shows 'HD Matrix lights' instead of 'HD Matrix Lights with laser light.'

Sorry to butt in to make some clarifications:

Those lights are part of the HD Matrix LED headlight package which is now only available (and standard) on the A6 Vorsprung trim level. The Laser headlights are a different thing and have never been available in the UK or Europe due to not being approved/legal yet - I believe they are only in the USA and Asian markets.
Perhaps you should tell Audi UK then - taken from the UK website
Upload 2020 3 1 9 25 33

You are correct though that the Vorsprung versions of the A6 do get HD Matrix lights which have the animated rear lights on locking or unlocking the car

l
View attachment 198494

You are correct though that the Vorsprung versions of the A6 do get HD Matrix lights which have the animated rear lights on locking or unlocking the car
Don’t go by the website, the configurator for the A6 when I got mine (May19) said the seat headrests moved up down forward and back, also had the pic with the button on the side.

So I guess the hardware for the front lights are obviously different, is this the case for the rears as well or can it (fancy lights) be achieved by a software update?

So I guess the hardware for the front lights are obviously different, is this the case for the rears as well or can it (fancy lights) be achieved by a software update?
When I ordered mine I tried to figure out the difference between normal matrix and HD matrix and you can see a difference in the headlight itself.

View attachment 198494

Just double checked myself - it was in the US that the laser lights were not approved, not Europe. My bad!

Just double checked myself - it was in the US that the laser lights were not approved, not Europe. My bad!
Also the adaptive function of the Matrix light is not allowed, so whilst they get the matrix lights they get none of the cleaver bits activated. No sequencing indicators either as the amount of light on at any moment is deemed too small by US legislation. Apparently there is a change in legislation that will permit matrix lights due any day and owners are anticipating that Audi USA will unblock the function

Also the adaptive function of the Matrix light is not allowed, so whilst they get the matrix lights they get none of the cleaver bits activated. No sequencing indicators either as the amount of light on at any moment is deemed too small by US legislation. Apparently there is a change in legislation that will permit matrix lights due any day and owners are anticipating that Audi USA will unblock the function

Interesting stuff! At least the indicators are at least permitted to be amber instead of being a red blinking brake light! (Whoever came up with that? I found it difficult to identify turn signals when driving in Manhattan last month as most were that ridiculous red... maybe I’m just not used to it.