Factory speed limit delete?

drummerdimitri

Reaction score
Is there a way to remove the factory set speed limit of 120 km/h on my car?

It is really annoying since I cruise at around that speed very often and don't want an audible warning message.

According to my Owner's Manual "You can use the sound system or MMI to set, alter or cancel the speed limit warning". I suggest you have a look in your Owner's Manual. It is full of very useful information. In my 10.2013 version it's on Page 96 but try looking for Speed warning function in the index. By all accounts it's set at the factory at 120kph for certain markets. My UK model does not have anything set and I frequently go more that 120kph, especially on the Autobahn when I visit Germany.

According to my Owner's Manual "You can use the sound system or MMI to set, alter or cancel the speed limit warning". I suggest you have a look in your Owner's Manual. It is full of very useful information. In my 10.2013 version it's on Page 96 but try looking for Speed warning function in the index. By all accounts it's set at the factory at 120kph for certain markets. My UK model does not have anything set and I frequently go more that 120kph, especially on the Autobahn when I visit Germany.

I have found the speed limit function in the MMI and have not selected any but the 120 km/h speed limit seems to be fixed!

I really hope there is a way to disable it because it really is a pain in the ***!

Try up-ing the limit to above top speed to avoid it warning you? Not tried to set it above the top speed but worth a try.

Try up-ing the limit to above top speed to avoid it warning you? Not tried to set it above the top speed but worth a try.

Will give it a try tomorrow but I think it will just add another speed warning.

Or maybe I should create a 120 km/h speed warning to cancel the other one out :shrug: