Facelift centre console

mwstewart

Reaction score
Website
www.mwstewart.co.uk
Hi all, Is it possible to retrofit the facelift gear lever and trim parts to a pre-facelift S3, or is the centre console completely different?

Cheers,
Mark

i think you'll need a new centre piece mate......infact im fairly certain you will........ apologies if this isnt the case but from memory its different at the front, in front of the gear lever..... im sure you'll find one cheap enough....not sure how it will fit against the pre 2000 centre console though.....

Yes you will need a whole new one
dont know why you want to change, i much prefer the pre-facelift one!

im afraid i cant agree lol...... although mine was a standard 1.8T and not piano black so looked utter crap

I got a facelift gearknob and had a new leather gaitor made to fit the pre-facelift base. I also had the handbrake lever and steering wheel re-trimmed all with silver stitching to match the seats:

dscn1948go0.jpg

looks nice that Jon, what did that set you back to have the steering wheel done? my S3 badge is looking slightly worn on the wheel and want a new one, love the stitching

1animal1 said:
looks nice that Jon, what did that set you back to have the steering wheel done? my S3 badge is looking slightly worn on the wheel and want a new one, love the stitching

I have a friend who does it, I can get a price depending on what you need doing if you want?