Extreme Parking

Does anyone else check out the state of the cars one is about to park next to and move on if they look unloved?
Yup, If it's a banger stay away!

Reactions: Mark_86
Capture

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Parked my car here at work before I went away to Spain for a week :)

Upload 2019 2 3 10 10 35

Came back to have a very nice M3 two spaces to the right. Full disklok for some added protection :)
Upload 2019 2 3 10 11 9

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinky1959, Pook, S32B and 4 others
Does anyone else check out the state of the cars one is about to park next to and move on if they look unloved?
Yep :) old cars, dirtys cars, baby on board signs, kids booster/baby seats, cars parked like a blind person has been driving...stay away from them all :)

Reactions: Alistair D and Audi Bairn
Yep :) old cars, dirtys cars, baby on board signs, kids booster/baby seats, cars parked like a blind person has been driving...stay away from them all :)
....... and people carriers

Reactions: Ron240, S32B and Alistair D
Chester Greyhound park this morning:
Greyhound chester

Costco Chester this afternoon (Nice big barrier between the car and those trolleys! :p):

Costco chester

Reactions: Pinky1959, daytonamart, Pook and 1 other person
Even when you find a nice space there is always some idiot, not my car but spotted today in my local M&S

Car   Copy

Reactions: Pook, Audi Bairn, BarryG79 and 1 other person
Even when you find a nice space there is always some idiot, not my car but spotted today in my local M&S

View attachment 175392

Came back to my car at Sainsbury’s last year to find a car encroaching into my space blocking me getting in drivers door completely. Owner was just getting out so I said to her “excuse me, do you know if Sainsbury’s sell tin openers?”
“I’m not sure” she replied.
“Well, if they do, can you get me one to help me get into my car please” I retorted.
She moved it, muttering something..... don’t think it was an apology!!

(Disclaimer: car owners can be male or female, no offence intended, being a moderator and all that )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Sandra, Ron240, daytonamart and 3 others
Overflow car parking yesterday at Slimbridge

20190210 140257 resized

Reactions: CHEZ, mikemod, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
great discussion. The Missus isn't very happy when it comes to doing the shop. its either her car that goes or if were out in the S3 I drop her off at the doors and wait in the car at a safe distance. get some funny looks but worth it for peace of mind. my car is 100% dent free and that "aint gonna change" any time soon if I can help it. Had to have the rear bumper painted by Audi when I got the car due to a small imperfection and it went into Audi 4 times until it was a perfect match so I don't want do be going through that pain again.

Reactions: Pinky1959, loftylad, Ron240 and 2 others
if were out in the S3 I drop her off at the doors and wait in the car at a safe distance. get some funny looks but worth it for peace of mind.
I sometimes do this. Whilst waiting I have even opened my door in an attempt to put people off from parking next to me so they use the next space down. I have also moved to the next space when someone has parked next to me, now that gets you some funny looks....

Reactions: CHEZ, jrumball, oli356 and 4 others
...........I drop her off at the doors and wait in the car...........

What’s your secret mate? I always get dragged in :tired:

Only time I’m “allowed” to do that is when the dog is in the car and we don’t want to leave him unattended. So i suppose the moral of the story is, always take the dog :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Reactions: SamR92, Ron240, Sandra and 1 other person
She is never happy but her options are, Just get it done, or we go home and swap cars. She normally throws a hissy and just goes in. I swear she hates the S3 and sees it as competition.
I get anxiety big time when someone goes to park next to me.
Just yesterday I was parking up and saw this old guy in a banged up 106 open his door into the next car with his stick. heard the thud from inside my car - was fuming and left a note on the other guys windscreen with reg and everything-

Reactions: loftylad, Ron240, josul and 2 others
What’s your secret mate? I always get dragged in :tired:

There are pros and cons with this too; I do wonder if it would be cheaper taking the risk and end up paying for a repair bill in comparison to the amount of crap she comes out with at times.

Reactions: Sparks43, SamR92, BarryG79 and 2 others
Lol, not with paint that is an absolute B*****D to get a match on and having to go without the S3 for weeks. Nothing is worse than that. Just give her an allowance in cash.

Reactions: josul
She is never happy but her options are, Just get it done, or we go home and swap cars. She normally throws a hissy and just goes in. I swear she hates the S3 and sees it as competition.
I get anxiety big time when someone goes to park next to me.
Just yesterday I was parking up and saw this old guy in a banged up 106 open his door into the next car with his stick. heard the thud from inside my car - was fuming and left a note on the other guys windscreen with reg and everything-

I’m bad enough when’s it’s parked in the drive and there is kids about with bikes and footballs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SamR92 and Audi Bairn
I’m bad enough when’s it’s parked in the drive and there is kids about with bikes and footballs

Id relocate if my street had kids with bikes and footballs or setup camp behind the car all night.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and BarryG79
Id relocate if my street had kids with bikes and footballs or setup camp behind the car all night.
Exactly why (well one reason) we moved to the country. Just lucky we were able to. Blood pressure used to rise if I heard a ball bouncing out in the street :sadlike:

Reactions: Sparks43, BarryG79 and Ron240
Blood pressure used to rise if I heard a ball bouncing out in the street :sadlike:
Mine absolutely would too, but thankfully there are no children in my cul de sac. Even better I have a garage and always use it.
I realise this makes me a bit weird and unusual in modern times. :D
The fact that it had a garage was one of the main reasons I chose to buy this house. :innocent:

Reactions: BarryG79 and Audi Bairn
Mine absolutely would too, but thankfully there are no children in my cul de sac. Even better I have a garage and always use it.
The fact that it had a garage was one of the main reasons I chose to buy this house. :innocent:
I’m weird too :salute: Even where we are, fairly remote, the cars are in the garage. Partly for security partly out of harms way of the weather (high winds, frost etc etc). Thankfully no real chance of kids being anywhere near them anyway.

Reactions: Ron240
You're lucky you have a garage big enough. We live in a newish build and even with an empty garage the car is about 30cm too long to fit. Not to mention I'd have to hug the left wall to get it in and doesn't give a lot of room to get out

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You're lucky you have a garage big enough. We live in a newish build and even with an empty garage the car is about 30cm too long to fit.
Yes I completely agree.....most modern single garages that are built along with the house are only suitable for small cars, so you can forget about fitting even a medium sized family car in them. :(
I was in the fortunate position of the previous owner purchasing land from the council then building a large garage up against the side of the house.
I've got plenty of room inside. :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Adam14
Me at Morrisons the other night.

Rs4

Reactions: CHEZ, mikemod, rvtb101 and 4 others
Even when at clients have to try and find a good space, now before people say "You're over the line!" Originally the drivers side was right on the line , but then as per the 1st Pic the Merc driver comes steaming in encroaching in to my space ( hard to see but his wheel is about a foot over the line) so moved mine over to make a point. Way he done it he barely had enough room to get out himself. Mini rant over.
f7a9699136fc626e35ff88743e4436fd.jpg

111d5748104f214cd6e32864205959a2.jpg

Not familiar with this Tesco's so had to hunt down a suitable spot

View attachment 167153

Back to the same spot again four months later and managed to park in the usual ding free zone.

Returning back noticed this Lamborghini not too bothered where it was parked.

And here's me worried about my humble A4 getting knocked.

InCollage 20190214 004045110

Reactions: Adam14, Kondax, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Untitled png feb90bc6c2e823f2b381e1a030e629d6
How many kids can you fit in a Lambo?

Reactions: CHEZ and Audi Bairn
Even when at clients have to try and find a good space, now before people say "You're over the line!" Originally the drivers side was right on the line , but then as per the 1st Pic the Merc driver comes steaming in encroaching in to my space ( hard to see but his wheel is about a foot over the line) so moved mine over to make a point. Way he done it he barely had enough room to get out himself. Mini rant over.
f7a9699136fc626e35ff88743e4436fd.jpg

That Mercedes looks to be parked perfectly well and you've made yourself look a berk by moving over like that.

That Mercedes looks to be parked perfectly well and you've made yourself look a berk by moving over like that.
Not that you can see from the pic but he was a foot in to my bay, so no not parked perfectly well

The lines are very faint but it looks to me like he's on the correct side of it and you're over yours. Besides that, the other photo shows that there are dozens of other spaces available for you to use if you're going to be so precious about the whole thing

Untitled

The lines are very faint but it looks to me like he's on the correct side of it and you're over yours. Besides that, the other photo shows that there are dozens of other spaces available for you to use if you're going to be so precious about the whole thing

.View attachment 175814
Those aren't the actual bay markers, not sure why you're so fuming about this considering I was there, next time I'll be sure to properly highlight the markings.
Thought this post was for people wanting to park to protect the cars, so no wasn't going to shoehorn it in to another space when originally I'd parked in the bay on the line to give me that room and he parked in to my space Have a good day.

As I was passing I nipped into Audi to see what was new...nice big space on the end :)

Spaces

Reactions: tuningman73, A4A4, BarryG79 and 1 other person

I put mine straight in the garage if next door's kids are out even if I am going back out in a little while

Reactions: BarryG79, Audi Bairn and Ron240

Same here - it's only me and my neighbour that use our garage for putting a car in - Everybody else makes sure their £100 lawnmover is safe along with all the rubbish they no longer need but won't throw away

Some have been sensible and converted them into another room which fair dos if you're not going to put your car in or it won't fit your 7 seater people carrier for the 4 of you

One guy in our street has a Zafira and five children - He either hasn't got a TV or wanted to get the full use out of his seven seater

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Ron240
Same here - it's only me and my neighbour that use our garage for putting a car in - Everybody else makes sure their £100 lawnmover is safe along with all the rubbish they no longer need but won't throw away

Some have been sensible and converted them into another room which fair dos if you're not going to put your car in or it won't fit your 7 seater people carrier for the 4 of you

One guy in our street has a Zafira and five children - He either hasn't got a TV or wanted to get the full use out of his seven seater
Most modern garages won't fit normal cars, let alone people carrier. Even if my garage was empty the S3 would overhang by about 20 cm, let alone only a foot space on one side to get out

Most modern garages won't fit normal cars, let alone people carrier. Even if my garage was empty the S3 would overhang by about 20 cm, let alone only a foot space on one side to get out

That's true my house was built in the mid 70's so a MK1 golf would have gone in easily - Now the new Polo would be tight - With my S3 I do have to go right up to the left wall so I can get out - I have attached carpet to the walls though and if the cars get much bigger (or me!!) then I may struggle

Reactions: Adam14