Extreme Parking

Pinched from another site.

Reactions: Andy F, Pook, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Im positive the local council had me in mind when they designed these spaces.
20181130 131829 3024x1701

Reactions: RossN14, A4A4, Pook and 11 others
Sign should say "no parking at the rear due to s**t parking by the Beemer owner!" lol

Believe he/she mis-read the sign or he was being helpful by parking at the rear of his parking bay as per the instructions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Alistair D
20190120 152422 resized

Car park was half empty but you can't be too careful!

Reactions: Pook, daytonamart, BarryG79 and 6 others
View attachment 173931

Car park was half empty but you can't be too careful!

Should have moved over further. You will come back, there will only be one other car in the car park but it will be a minivan full of kids parked right on the line. :whistle2:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Alistair D, martin1984 and 1 other person
BMW lovers?

Th

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Should have moved over further. You will come back, there will only be one other car in the car park but it will be a minivan full of kids parked right on the line. :whistle2:

Some old dear wrote off my other half's car while it was parked in a different spot in this car park last June :frown new:

Couldn't resist today parking the A4 in area A4.

InCollage 20190123 131813114

Not the furthest away but still no one next to me for when I came back to the dreaded ikea parking.

Reactions: Alistair D, RossN14, Audi Bairn and 4 others
I think they thought they were in a bus
20190123 171921 3024x1470

Reactions: V6_Man, Audi Bairn, BarryG79 and 4 others
Does this thread include extremely stupid, inconsiderate parking? Left work to find someone had done this to me! Traced the individual via their work parking permit to find to find to my delight that they had parked like this and then gone off and got a train to London and weren't coming back for 2 days. Stood in the pouring rain trying to work out how I was ever going to get my car out or even get in the car. Had to get in the passenger side and clamber over. I did get it out but it was terrifyingly close at one stage and it took a good 10 minutes of nail biting manoeuvring. It is not so easy to do precision manoeuvres in an auto. At one point I was leaning out of the driver's window and could not even see the gap between the 2 cars. Next day an e-mail was circulated from the military police that if anyone abused their parking rights their parking permit would be revoked :tearsofjoy:

IMG 2924 black
IMG 2926
IMG 2927

Reactions: Carl_S3, BarryG79, Adam14 and 3 others
Is that at Haslar Marina by any chance, as the ‘Starboard’ buoy looks familiar?

I recognise it too. I lived at Fort Blockhouse for far too long.....Not over on the Gosport side that often these days. Occasionally go to Hardy's to meet up with old mates or to Blockhouse for barbecues that can probably be seen from France.....

Does this thread include extremely stupid, inconsiderate parking? Left work to find someone had done this to me! Traced the individual via their work parking permit to find to find to my delight that they had parked like this and then gone off and got a train to London and weren't coming back for 2 days. Stood in the pouring rain trying to work out how I was ever going to get my car out or even get in the car. Had to get in the passenger side and clamber over. I did get it out but it was terrifyingly close at one stage and it took a good 10 minutes of nail biting manoeuvring. It is not so easy to do precision manoeuvres in an auto. At one point I was leaning out of the driver's window and could not even see the gap between the 2 cars. Next day an e-mail was circulated from the military police that if anyone abused their parking rights their parking permit would be revoked :tearsofjoy:

View attachment 174173 View attachment 174174 View attachment 174175
I’ve seen some pretty bad parking in my work car park but nothing comes close to that. I’d be livid if that was my car to be honest, why’d you ever get out of your car and think yeah that’ll do :wtf:

I’ve seen some pretty bad parking in my work car park but nothing comes close to that. I’d be livid if that was my car to be honest, why’d you ever get out of your car and think yeah that’ll do :wtf:

I was indeed livid. I was tired after a long day and it was pouring with rain. I had to call the military police to try to trace the owner of the red car which is when I became even more annoyed to find the owner was actually in London and wasn't coming back. It was so irritating to try to clamber over from the passenger side whilst soaking wet and then to try to get my car parallel (the red car is actually completely obstructing my car, if I went straight back I'd hit it). Of course once I got my car parallel the gap was much less and that's when it got really scary. I really wanted the police to lift the red car and dump it in Portsmouth harbour.

Here's another picture in case my parking looks bad too! I'm never parking there again.......the spaces are far too narrow.

IMG 2925

Last edited:
Reactions: BarryG79, Audi Bairn and Bells
I think my belt buckle would have accidentally touched the Peugeot all the way down as it was trying to get to the car. Whoops :gun2:

Reactions: Pook
Wtf....
But I'm confused, you rang the military police?

Yes. This is is on a navy base. All the more reason parking like that is totally unacceptable. I did get a round of applause when I finally got my car out and comments along the lines of no idea how you managed to get that out, good job......it was dark by then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron240 and oli356
I was indeed livid. I was tired after a long day and it was pouring with rain. I had to call the military police to try to trace the owner of the red car which is when I became even more annoyed to find the owner was actually in London and wasn't coming back. It was so irritating to try to clamber over from the passenger side whilst soaking wet and then to try to get my car parallel (the red car is actually completely obstructing my car, if I went straight back I'd hit it). Of course once I got my car parallel the gap was much less and that's when it got really scary. I really wanted the police to lift the red car and dump it in Portsmouth harbour.

Here's another picture in case my parking looks bad too! I'm never parking there again.......the spaces are far too narrow.

View attachment 174180

That’s is the worse I have ever seen!!
I would have got a forklift and picked up the car and left it in a field.

Reactions: Pook, BarryG79, Ron240 and 1 other person
Ohhh forgot to take one Saturday night, we went out for a family meal and the car park was busy! Drove around it twice looking for the safest spot :p On the 2nd lap my wife had said "What about that one there?", I replied "No, that guy there could reverse out and if he's a sh*t driver hit me"...she said "You're obsessed" lol, I decided the best space I could find was only risking one side and too far away from anyone reversing into the front:

Pk1

Reactions: Ron240 and Audi Bairn
Haha.....I do the same thing in car parks.....always assess every space for what's the worst that could happen? In fact I've even decided it wasn't worth the risk on occasion and drove out again.
Honestly I'm a nightmare. :D

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Bells and S32B
Haha.....I do the same thing in car parks.....always assess every space for what's the worst that could happen? In fact I've even decided it wasn't worth the risk on occasion and drove out again.
Honestly I'm a nightmare. :D
Not just mme then lol. Yeah I left a car park when we were on holiday in Scotland few years back, decided it was too risky :D

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Ron240
Yeah I left a car park when we were on holiday in Scotland few years back, decided it was too risky :D
Next time you're up park next to me and I guarantee you'll be absolutely fine. :innocent:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Bells and S32B
That’s is the worse I have ever seen!!
I would have got a forklift and picked up the car and left it in a field.

If I'd had a forklift it wouldn't be in a field it would be at the bottom of Portsmouth harbour!

Reactions: BarryG79
I like the way you angled the camera so this bit isn't visible.

View attachment 174262

:D
I'll have you know I quite suit a skirt and my misses is that small. Lol
But just to prove it. I'll get another picture tommorow showing the spot hopefully dry and crime free.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and simonali
No need, I'm not the parking police. They are nice big spaces, though!

Reactions: Leevr
First time at work not on a night shift today and they're already mickey taking out of my having one and a bit spaces for the new car. We have six allocated spaces outside the unit and they're only 2.1m wide. If I park in between the lines I can't get out of the car. I've told them this and requested that the spaces are made bigger or repainted so there's only four. I got told neither of those were going to happen so I'm having two until they change their minds!

ThX801UBP1

Reactions: BarryG79, MattSedg, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
You laugh and joke about the above post....

But I had no time for faffing about in ambleside this morning
20190127 184507 1512x2016

Reactions: Audi Bairn, BarryG79, oli356 and 6 others
Does anyone else check out the state of the cars one is about to park next to and move on if they look unloved?

Reactions: simonali and Alistair D

View attachment 174173 View attachment 174174 View attachment 174175

That makes me feel sick.... i have no words.. Some people :puke2::wtf:

Does anyone else check out the state of the cars one is about to park next to and move on if they look unloved?

You should also check to see if they have child seats as kids don’t look if they open their door into yours.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Mark_86, Alistair D and 1 other person