Facelift Exhausts..

deanshaw24

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the aftermarket catback Exhausts for the PFL will fit the FL? Both sportback. I have a friend that doesn’t know wether to spec the sports exhaust or spend an extra £200 and get a Milltek.

It is a no brainer - Specify the Audi sports one! even if you got the Milltek one to fit, it will knacker your warranty!

It is a no brainer - Specify the Audi sports one! even if you got the Milltek one to fit, it will knacker your warranty!
Warranty won’t be an issue, it’s only a catback so would only loose the warranty on the part he’s replacing. Just don’t know if it will fit on the facelift. I’m guessing it will be louder than the sports exhaust.

Milltek don't have any exhausts available for the Facelift car yet as far as I'm aware? To that I end, I'm not sure a PFL catback section being compatible. Downpipes most certainly are not due to new engine and turbo on the facelift cars.

Best bet would be to give them a call.

Milltek don't have any exhausts available for the Facelift car yet as far as I'm aware? To that I end, I'm not sure a PFL catback section being compatible. Downpipes most certainly are not due to new engine and turbo on the facelift cars.

Best bet would be to give them a call.

Milltek have just realeased The downpipe and secondary cat bypass pipes but no back box yet for the facelift.

It was meant to be realeased in November so something has held them back. Most likely the back box and that’s why is not released yet.

They are waiting on final designs to be signed off for the cat-back systems.

The pricing is as follows :

Downpipe and sports cat - £977.78 + VAT

Downpipe and decat - £580.84 + VAT

Secondary cat bypass pipes - £170.43 + VAT

Reactions: Leo-RS
But FL don’t have secondary cars?

The pricing is as follows :

Downpipe and sports cat - £977.78 + VAT

Downpipe and decat - £580.84 + VAT

Secondary cat bypass pipes - £170.43 + VAT
I got Audi secondary decat pipes for £120 ish. Better value than Milltek.

Reactions: DW81
If they don’t have secondary cats then what’s there instead? What do the U.K. cars have?

If they don’t have secondary cats then what’s there instead? What do the U.K. cars have?

Straight thru pipes
909001cc61fc92993b039f73fee647a3.jpg

bf57fc69cf18bd09bbec4c4a1204dbd2.jpg

Reactions: AudiNutta
So then the decat pipes are not needed? (your pictures are of the decat pipes?)

Same thing.......decat pipe is basically a straight thru pipe
Yes I know what a decat is, i was asking if the pic you took was of the decat. Or another part like a silencer delete for eg. So is the only difference between sports exhaust and normal exhaust is the back box, or is there a extra silencer somewhere.

Yes I know what a decat is, i was asking if the pic you took was of the decat. Or another part like a silencer delete for eg. So is the only difference between sports exhaust and normal exhaust is the back box, or is there a extra silencer somewhere.

Picture is of mine with sports exhaust and no 2nd Cats.

I wish I could fit the standard chrome tips on the sport exhaust, not that keen on the black tips as they disappear in the diffuser. Especially with mythos paint and black optics pack...

I wish I could fit the standard chrome tips on the sport exhaust, not that keen on the black tips as they disappear in the diffuser. Especially with mythos paint and black optics pack...

Completely agree. If I got a FL I'd need the sports exhaust but would fit chrome tips.

Completely agree. If I got a FL I'd need the sports exhaust but would fit chrome tips.

Problem is, they can't retro fit it as it is fitted to the exhaust pipes.. Already asked the dealer :(

Reactions: DW81
Problem is, they can't retro fit it as it is fitted to the exhaust pipes.. Already asked the dealer :(
Really? Oh well, that's the final nail in the coffin for me getting a FL. Fussy front end styling, quiet exhaust, daft rear bumper reflectors and great looking exhausts that you can't actually see if you spec the sports exhaust... ;)

I quite like the fact the exhausts are not in your face shiny.
Low profile and not too much attention, that's me.
You can't tell what it is till you're right up close.
20180106 144451 crop 467x397

Reactions: Splathead and Evotion
I quite like the fact the exhausts are not in your face shiny.
Low profile and not too much attention, that's me.
You can't tell what it is till you're right up close.View attachment 146837
Looks lovely. But I love the large chrome tipped exhausts. Makes it look super aggressive. I just can't see the black exhausts. ETTO, of course.

Reactions: teslaboy
My PFL RS3 with the sports exhaust had chrome tips when I bought it.
Some fecker nicked them and replaced them with black tips.

Ah hold on. I haven't washed the car in 4 months. I will go out and check them.

Reactions: D0C
My friend and I bought car on same day. He took normal exhaust i took Audi sport. Well..... disapointing how small difference between those 2 . If both had black tips u wont be able to tell which one is which when idling . On boost in moving you hear 20 % better sound and deaper then normal. If i am buying again deff will order with NORMAL exhaust and choose Milltek instead .

Will try make video of both

Reactions: deanshaw24 and billymc92