Exhaust Tips

Reaction score
Guys,

Has anyone managed to change there stock exhaust tips (trim), wanted to find out if it's possible and where to get the tips from?

Guys,

Has anyone managed to change there stock exhaust tips (trim), wanted to find out if it's possible and where to get the tips from?

I'd like to change mine or even get some carbon covers.. the tail pipes go black very quickly and it's a nightmare to clean off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys,

Hi AJ, I've got some Akrapovič carbon tailpipe trims for sale if you wanted to have a play? From what I've found out you'd need to cut back the actual exhaust tailpipes (not the trims) and these will just clamp on?

I'd like to change mine or even get some carbon covers.. the tail pipes go black very quickly and it's a nightmare to clean off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carbon ones are available from Carbondesignz but are $754 a set!

Reactions: ChivsBang and Rob2k68
Hi AJ, I've got some Akrapovič carbon tailpipe trims for sale if you wanted to have a play? From what I've found out you'd need to cut back the actual exhaust tailpipes (not the trims) and these will just clamp on?

I thought the trims just come off? Can you shoot me some pics. I have no problems with my trims but want something bit more interesting.

I thought the trims just come off? Can you shoot me some pics. I have no problems with my trims but want something bit more interesting.
Yeah the trims knock off from behind. Beneath that though is the actual exhaust tailpipe which is flared out and meets the trim all the way in. So you need to cut that back or adapt the new trim to fit. It is doable and was underway but I changed my mind and got my mate to give my originals the carbon fibre treatment instead.

IMG 3156
IMG 3153

Reactions: Rob2k68, Ben85 and billy.rt
Anyone interested in the above give me a shout, I've got six and they're in the style of the Golf GTi performance pack tails.

Reactions: ChivsBang
Anyone interested in the above give me a shout, I've got six and they're in the style of the Golf GTi performance pack tails.

Do they make an actual Akrapovič exhaust for the S3 then?

Do they make an actual Akrapovič exhaust for the S3 then?
Nope! Friend of mine's inlaws own the company and they don't, and won't be apparently. Thank god for that in my case as I'd have done the silly thing and smashed £4K on one!

Reactions: Mark_86
Nope! Friend of mine's inlaws own the company and they don't, and won't be apparently. Thank god for that in my case as I'd have done the silly thing and smashed £4K on one!

Sweet Mary and Joseph... Is that how much they are?!?

Okay... :cower:

Sweet Mary and Joseph... Is that how much they are?!?

Okay... :cower:
IF they did one, and I'm going on similar sized cars, it's at least that much. Aerospace titanium and carbon fibre plus exceptional hand-craftsmanship costs!

IF they did one, and I'm going on similar sized cars, it's at least that much. Aerospace titanium and carbon fibre plus exceptional hand-craftsmanship costs!

Yeah they are very impressive bits of kit, but had no idea how much they were. Makes the Mountune exhaust I bought for my ST a bargain at £495.00. Shame they don't do one as I'd love to hear how that sounds. Thanks for the info mate.

Yeah they are very impressive bits of kit, but had no idea how much they were. Makes the Mountune exhaust I bought for my ST a bargain at £495.00. Shame they don't do one as I'd love to hear how that sounds. Thanks for the info mate.
That Mountune stuff is such good value, because it's subsidised manufacturer-approved kit I'd imagine. VW did similar for a while with the VWR range available at dealers.
I like the sound of mine - OE system, with Milltek sportcat DP and will have the carbon trims to match mirrors and interior inlays.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Mark_86
That Mountune stuff is such good value, because it's subsidised manufacturer-approved kit I'd imagine. VW did similar for a while with the VWR range available at dealers.
I like the sound of mine - OE system, with Milltek sportcat DP and will have the carbon trims to match mirrors and interior inlays.

I'll probably go Milltek cat back and leave it at that.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and batch

They own Akrapovic? The must be minted haha

Are your tips finished yet Batch?

They own Akrapovic? The must be minted haha

Are your tips finished yet Batch?
No but coming along nicely! Got all four in carbon now and just need to lay the resin on.
Apparently it's his mate's inlaws, they're Slovenian and yes, they are!

Reactions: Tom.H
Haha, it's nothing to do with that! Just want to see what other variations are around on the market!
As much as this might lose me a sale, you could just buy four of your choice from eBay and get them welded to your pipes?

Reactions: AJ Jacob
As much as this might lose me a sale, you could just buy four of your choice from eBay and get them welded to your pipes?

Thanks! I prefer the bolt on ones rather than welding which makes it permanent. Wanted to look at some blue tip trims but can't seem to find any!!

Reactions: batch
Orrrrr buy a catback system ;) Miltek has lots of tip choices !