Exhaust flaps and Obdeleven

hsjyes

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Any one have an issue where the in app already has the setting to off and byte 9 bit 2 is already unchecked? This is in my RS3.

Even tried to check it to see and got an error.

I'm stumped on how to get this done. I only purchased for the exhaust flaps really

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Check this subject out on other forums. I remember some comments on this not long ago - but sadly my memory does not allow me to remember where - which was down to a limitation on the app.

Ah, OK. Jeez I hope the app just doesn't allow the RS3 to not be able to do the exhaust mod. I've been searching the web and other forums with no luck, will keep looking!

Thanks

Hi guys,

Any one have an issue where the in app already has the setting to off and byte 9 bit 2 is already unchecked? This is in my RS3.

I'm stumped on how to get this done. I only purchased for the exhaust flaps really

Are you trying to code the flaps with vcds? Doesn't work if Inremember it right? Although you have plenty of options to do it other ways for ex k-electronics affects direct in drive select, mtm open/close and other brand boxes, than you have the elmod which is just a 1-2£ switch (cheapest) + boxes where you can change a lot of different sounds on for instance different rpms, idle and so on.q

Yup, trying through obdeleven. Is this just for the RS3 where it doesn't work? Works on almost everything else. If this is the case I'll look into alternatives here in Oz. Thanks.

Yup, trying through obdeleven. Is this just for the RS3 where it doesn't work? Works on almost everything else. If this is the case I'll look into alternatives here in Oz. Thanks.

It's not possible to code with any flashing tool only other alternatives are what (Rocketer) has suggested.

The exhaust controller unit which is operated through remote control connects to the backbox & has 3 settings open,close,factory setting valves normal.

Thais is how this unit works ( http://asr-component.de/home/40-klappensteuerung-rx1.html)

Similar to the MTM module which is more expensive ( https://mtm-online.de/en/shop?article=7523)

This module

http://europrice.us/controller-package-s3-rs3-exhaust-valve

has different abilitys to the remote controller valve unit you can open & close the valves through drive select which must connect to the Can Bus to achieve that

both modules have different prices & functions or you have the cheapest option which is to install a switch what (Rocketer) installed.

Here is the ASR valve controller unit in the photo very simple to install
IMG 4576

Just so I understand, coding the flaps does not work on the RS3 yet works on almost every other models of audi and vw. So strange as I would have have thought it would be similar to the S3.

I have 0 experience in the other ways described so I will look at into these and see if I can find a method that I can do.

Thanks

Just so I understand, coding the flaps does not work on the RS3 yet works on almost every other models of audi and vw. So strange as I would have have thought it would be similar to the S3.

I have 0 experience in the other ways described so I will look at into these and see if I can find a method that I can do.

Thanks

Yes coding the valves is not possible on RS3 8V you are talking about different exhaust systems.

RS3 8V has 2 valves S3 8V has 1 valve

Thanks

Other option is to physically remove the 2 valves from the backbox & secure them with cable ties or black tape,latex glove downside is the valves are constantly open drones on motorway too loud & shows DTC on Autoscan

I'm in contact with AutoInstruct and their devs. They will get back to me.

Yes coding the valves is not possible on RS3 8V you are talking about different exhaust systems.

RS3 8V has 2 valves S3 8V has 1 valve
Well crap, was really the only reason I got the obdeleven for. Does lots of other stuff though but the exhaust was the big one for me. Such a let down.

1) What happens when you switch the button off are the valves permanently closed.

2) Valves Normal open & closed

3 ) any DTC codes on Autoscan

1) I have never locked them closed and I have read that it can damage the engine after 4800 rpm with closed valves. I only have it to stay open.

2) Then you have electric on (oem default) and it follows drive select parameters.

3) Yeah, I did noticed them in autoscan when we checked but I think they dissappear efter reconnecting them by the switch, not 100% sure but they didn`t complain last time at service at Audi.

1) I have never locked them closed and I have read that it can damage the engine after 4800 rpm with closed valves. I only have it to stay open.

2) Then you have electric on (oem default) and it follows drive select parameters.

3) Yeah, I did noticed them in autoscan when we checked but I think they dissappear efter reconnecting them by the switch, not 100% sure but they didn`t complain last time at service at Audi.

Very good & clever idea saved yourself a lot of doe:salute:

Very good & clever idea saved yourself a lot of doe:salute:

Yes but it wasn`t me who did it first place so cred to the Italian guy I think it was? The only minus is that the flaps doesn`t really open until you put the pedal to the metal as we say and they opens in full and there I cut the power with the switch and yes it`s loud :). With these boxes you don`t have to move at all to force them to open or close but it has its price.

Thanks guys for the suggestions, will look into them and see which way I go.

Not comfortable splicing wires though.

Last edited:
I bought the MTM version and installed it.

very easy to install.

best thing of this device is the option to close valves when cold starts in morning and neighbours are sleeping.

when valves are open, I cannot hear any differences from stock.

If I knew that before I wouldn't buy this device.

probably will sell it.

regards

I bought the MTM version and installed it.

very easy to install.

best thing of this device is the option to close valves when cold starts in morning and neighbours are sleeping.

when valves are open, I cannot hear any differences from stock.

If I knew that before I wouldn't buy this device.

probably will sell it.

regards

Your unit is similar to mine both units connect to the backbox but I have 3 options on the remote open valves ,close valves, factory setting valves normal.

When I activate the Button to open the valves the difference is night & day.

IMG 4711

Your unit is similar to mine both units connect to the backbox but I have 3 options on the remote open valves ,close valves, factory setting valves normal.

When I activate the Button to open the valves the difference is night & day.

View attachment 117699
Is this easy to install?

Is this easy to install?

Yes it is very simple to install you place the device in the side compartment Rear trunk.

Right hand drive car so you would place it in the left rear trunk compartment & left hand drive opposite.

The wires run through the same hole the original valve wires run through in
the boot floor then you can just Velcro the small device in the boot floor.
Very easy and no need for any holes.

Takes about 20-25 minutes to install you obviously need access to a ramp.
IMG 4566
IMG 4567
IMG 4568

These photos are from ( Michael Remerscheid) director of

( http://asr-component.de/ )

it gives you info of the install

Thanks for that. Need to find a supplier, did you order from the link in your post?

Appreciate it. Thanks.

Reactions: Ryan Gorrett
Your welcome :smile new:

Reactions: Swipe18
Hi guys,

Did you buy the RS3 or VCDS for the flaps? Haha.

Lol, sigh. Anyway, I ordered the asr valve control kit.