Esp/abs faults

jblakes

Reaction score
Good evening,

About of a weird one. Back end of last year my agm battery died, so got a new one (coded) then found out it wasn't charging turned out belt had snapped because tensor had knackered up. Anyways all sorted.

Anyway since finally sorting it, I am not getting a intermittent Esp/abs fault on dash and then sometimes when I change gear, the dash says the wrong gear when its ready to change. I've tested battery and 12.4v and 14 somet when turned on, so seems right.

I've read that esp/abs can be alternator on way out, but was checked and all good.

Any ideas?

Regards James

Ah ok, was just wondering if it could have been a wheel speed sensor gone faulty.

No idea, just seems weird that after battery replacement I've started to get some faults thrown up, I've got autocom so will scan later and see if a code pops up.

Regards
James

I had this problem on my car after changing my rear wiper motor the fault came up and car wouldn't start used my brothers jump leads got the car running and everything Is fine

Scan with delphi

20220120 193340

Check the stupid little fuse box on top of the battery. All the fuses for the ABS system are on that fuse panel on top of the battery. There's also a connector on the right hand side of that fuse box(again ontop of the battery) that sometimes comes loose. Especially if the battery was replaced recently
smile.gif

Had the same codes and after finding out that 00668 - Supply Voltage Terminal 30 basically means the ABS is not getting power and searching for fuses for the ABS system the bentley points me to ..... Fuse panel on the battery. Since I had just replaced the battery it made perfect sense.
So check that out. Since she just bought the car chances are some moron did an inspection or changed the battery and loosened the plug on the fuse panel.

Found that online

I had the same speed sensor error 2 weeks ago, I changed the abs sensor problem gone!
I would check the back of the wheel bearing pick up before you change the sensor as mine was very dirty, this may of been the problem, but i only realised this when i had the sensor out.

You can access it with the disc off
Hope the video makes sense