Epic REVO S3

Fctaff

Reaction score
VAG tuner @ Donington today. It was a fantastic day organised by performance Audi magazine.

Loads of trade stands and car clubs, AOC were there but the REVO experience was the stand out sensation.

They were taking people out on the track in a range of REVO tuned cars, I chose the S3. The REVO S3 is an animal. It pulls hard thought the gears, the REVO gearbox software really squeezed every last drop of power available from the remapped motor. It's about 400hp I believe.

The sound of this car at full chat makes the hair on your neck stand on end. I can tell you because I witnessed it time and time again today, this little monster was reeling in and passing the R8 for fun.

The S3s REVO brakes scrubs it's speed away with great enthusiasm and efficiency at the end of the straight and the turn in is neutral and the REVO springs and bars have it well under control. Not once did it feel anything other then composed. A quick glance of the speedo reads 60mph though the hairpin. The REVO S3 is nothing short of EPIC!

Big thanks to James for taking me out, very much appreciated and to the other drivers and staff on the stand who organised the REVO experience for those that had the pleasure of this unique opportunity.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W, mcwharam, Rumpelkillskins and 6 others
Nice, I was there today but completely forgot to go back to the revo stand at the entrance!

Any idea on the list of mods? Guessing its the full works, Stage 2, turbo back exhaust etc

I was there too with little lad we had a great time. Think it has full Scorpion system on it, the Revo TCU software (unreleased), stage 2 engine map, carbon intake and Revo big brakes and wheels.

Reactions: pburv
it has the same stage 2 map as i have on my car, very nice car though

Reactions: pburv, Forbzeeee and Rob2k68
Revo had its RS3 at the show too, they had a good range of weapons on the track and on

Reactions: Revo Steve-W, pburv and Rob2k68
The RS3 sounded good it has to be said !

Think my car will ultimately end up being a similar spec to the Revo stage 2 saloon.

Reactions: pburv
Looks like you all had a good day..Wish I lived closer would have loved to go...:sorrow:

Reactions: S3 Turbo and Rob2k68
Looks like you all had a good day..Wish I lived closer would have loved to go...:sorrow:

It was good mate, little lad had a fab time with the Adrian Flux babes ! ;o)

Reactions: batch and pburv
It was good mate, little lad had a fab time with the Adrian Flux babes ! ;o)
Oooh! Now I am jealous....Lucky little so and so...lol
Are you going to do a little post on the day out..pics ect? :friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68
I've checked the first post and I reckon you could get a few more mentions of REVO in there...

Reactions: batch, Rob2k68 and pburv
it has the same stage 2 map as i have on my car, very nice car though

Paul, good to see you back. How's your Scorpion system been I'm close to pushing the button !?

Commission anyone??:whistle2:

LoL yes please !, my engine bay is sponsored by Revo and CTS ;o)

Reactions: MikeParkin and pburv
Oooh! Now I am jealous....Lucky little so and so...lol
Are you going to do a little post on the day out..pics ect? :friends:

Lucky ??? Oh YES !!!!! .....

K33Pwv2r

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, sjbarneS3 and pburv
Haha LoL yep he like girls with long hair- think he's gonna be a right charmer !!
Quite the ladies man eh?....You know what they say........'Like father like son'.....:yes:

Worst photo I've seen in ages. Not a single epic REVO logo to be seen! ;)

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
its a bit hard to talk about the Revo experience and the modifications without saying REVO as it was all REVO.

If I had said brakes people would not have known they were not stock, same with the gearbox software.

If I had been out in a car with other mods I would have listed them too.

Reactions: Goodfella74, Revo Steve-W, pburv and 1 other person
Any idea what power the RS3 was running + any other mods?

TX.

I get the spec list on it and post it up.
Love your avatar. Reminds me of Australia's latest weapon in the war against terror...

I give you the "Combat Wombat"

Reactions: Max-Robbo, Fctaff, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Reactions: pburv, xpoweruk and Rob2k68
I'm going to be collecting my S3 soon (hopefully) and was thinking about getting a remap. Do they void the Audi warranty?

I'm going to be collecting my S3 soon (hopefully) and was thinking about getting a remap. Do they void the Audi warranty?

If a TD1 code shows up when it's in for servicing or warranty work, then yes. And that will happen. Not sure if it just invalidates the engine and related warranty or all of it.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
If a TD1 code shows up when it's in for servicing or warranty work, then yes. And that will happen. Not sure if it just invalidates the engine and related warranty or all of it.
My guess it invalidates anything engine related . All other things like bodywork, interior etc.will be covered..:friends:

Reactions: Scottyg and Rob2k68
My guess it invalidates anything engine related . All other things like bodywork, interior etc.will be covered..:friends:

......Could also include tranny and drivetrain also as they could argue that you're putting more power/torque through them than what they were designed for.

Reactions: Scottyg and pburv
......Could also include tranny and drivetrain also as they could argue that you're putting more power/torque through them than what they were designed for.
True..How do you reckon you will deal with any warranty claim regarding your engine and drivetrain etc?
It's the only reason that has put me off going down the mod route..:racer:

Reactions: Scottyg and Rob2k68
True..How do you reckon you will deal with any warranty claim regarding your engine and drivetrain etc?
It's the only reason that has put me off going down the mod route..:racer:

If something crops up I've no idea mate other than be prepared to foot the bill myself. Part of the reason why I've stopped at stage 1+ which is seriously quick and on the limits of Haldex traction in the first three gears. No regrets tho it's totally transformed the car I'm almost certain that I would have got bored and changed it by now without the suspension mods I've made and the tune that's on it

Reactions: Revo Steve-W, MikeParkin and pburv
If something crops up I've no idea mate other than be prepared to foot the bill myself. Part of the reason why I've stopped at stage 1+ which is seriously quick and on the limits of Haldex traction in the first three gears. No regrets tho it's totally transformed the car I'm almost certain that I would have got bored and changed it by now without the suspension mods I've made and the tune that's on it
That's a good enough reason I suppose...Do you have a guesstimate on what it's cost you(not wanting you to get in trouble with Mrs Rob)...lol

That's a good enough reason I suppose...Do you have a guesstimate on what it's cost you(not wanting you to get in trouble with Mrs Rob)...lol

LoL !!

Engine bits I'm into 1150 ish with the remap air intake and free flowing turbo and throttle pipes (380-390hp est), suspension springs and roll bars 1000 and brakes 1050. Engine and brakes I done myself but had to pay to have the suspension work done with laser wheel alignment (included in above figure) - would have been better to have had springs and anti-roll bars done at the same time to save a few ££ as both mods have made the same stepped change to the handling. Sounds a fair bit of cash over the 17 months I've had it so far but it's really a hobby as much as anything and I'm naturally inquisitive so I'd mod practically any car I owned probably with the exception of a Veyron LoL !!

Other mods have practically been free or largely funded by sale of original parts.

Reactions: MikeParkin, batch and pburv
LoL !!

Engine bits I'm into 1150 ish with the remap air intake and free flowing turbo and throttle pipes (380-390hp est), suspension springs and roll bars 1000 and brakes 1050. Engine and brakes I done myself but had to pay to have the suspension work done with laser wheel alignment (included in above figure) - would have been better to have had springs and anti-roll bars done at the same time to save a few ££ as both mods have made the same stepped change to the handling. Sounds a fair bit of cash over the 17 months I've had it so far but it's really a hobby as much as anything and I'm naturally inquisitive so I'd mod practically any car I owned probably with the exception of a Veyron LoL !!

Other mods have practically been free or largely funded by sale of original parts.
Oh! not much then...:scared2:
At the end of the day it's what floats your boat..Nice one Rob..:friends:

Reactions: MikeParkin and Rob2k68
Oh! not much then...:scared2:
At the end of the day it's what floats your boat..Nice one Rob..:friends:

LoL I know - luckily as a bit of a perk some bits went through the company so bit of an offset.

When you sit and add it all up its quite a bit of cash after the car is bought. I'm probably on par with @Rob2k68 - the map. Oh and mines not even on the car yet so can't wait.

When you sit and add it all up its quite a bit of cash after the car is bought. I'm probably on par with @Rob2k68 - the map. Oh and mines not even on the car yet so can't wait.

You're going to be blown away at the difference and grinning from ear to ear.