Engine management light

leecool

Reaction score
20161031 161926
Hi there guys, I am an A3 owner but it's not about my car this time.
I hope I can get any info on my wife's 2007 VW 1.4 tdi Polo Dune.
The engine management light came on the other day and the fault code was 19559 indicating a possible fault with the throttle body. I have removed & cleaned it & it seems to move ok, but not so the EGR valve, it was bunged up to F**k & the O-ring was split!
Also just below the EGR valve there was a narrow pipe broken off the plastic part of the inlet manifold. I've since reattached it
Now on this motor the EGR & T-BDY are separate, can the EGR cause this code to come up if the T-body is fine. I have had the code cancelled once already before the clean
& it took the best part of the week to come back on. So it seems intermittent to me.
Also are there any guys out there with vcds or vag com near Swansea or Port Talbot to cancel the code now I have serviced both parts as paying £42 a time at the local garage is to painful to bear!

The other really weird symptom going on with this blinkin car, I have cut the brake pad wear cable & soldered them together thus bypassing the brake pad wear fault light. It's been fine for 4 years but has since come back on. The garage couldn't find the reason for this, but they did re-solder the cables & shrink wrapped them. I can only think that some how the cable has broken further on up the loom.
This car is very well maintained & looked after so I can't put it down to abuse.
Help!!!!
Cheers in advance guys.